Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Greetings ya'll

  • Stan Hodge
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 25, 2012
      Thanks for the great suggestions.  We will have to make a run or two in the next couple of weeks.   We live in south Austin, but always enjoy the drive out together.   She was truly touched at the thought that someone might put out a series for her.   Truth be known, she is not a huge cached and would probably prefer to be working on a quilt or sewing a new bag, but she does like going with me just for the time together.  She will often accompany me on a run of PNGs, even I she can't get them, just for the drive together.  Thanks for being a great bunch of people.  Now we have to get to an event.  I seem to recall one down south this weekend.

      Stan Hodge

      "Honor never grows old, and honor rejoices the heart of age.  It does so because honor is, finally, about defending those noble and worthy things that deserve defending, even at a high cost.  In our times, that may mean social disapproval, public scorn, hardship, persecution, or as always, death itself.  The question remains: What is worth defending? What is worth dying for? What is worth living for?" - William J Bennett - lecture to the US Naval Academy, November 24, 1997

      On Jan 23, 2012, at 8:58, Paul Albers <palbers@...> wrote:

      Thanks for bringing a smile to my face. Yes, I'm a bit crazy. The doctor said I should try and
      get up and get around a little. So, maybe his expectations were slightly different than mine!

      Thanks for hiding the get well series just hard enough that I had to push myself in those early
      days to go find them.

      Completely agree on the terrain 1 rating. When I first starting caching and hiding caches,
      I was scrutinized when I put a terrain as 1 by the approver. I had to give evidence that it
      was indeed wheelchair accessible. That has unfortunately changed over time, but I think
      more emphasis is trying to be put on attributes. Since they are not required, they are often
      times left off as well or not stated appropriate either.

      I did just run a quick PQ with the 'wheelchair' attribute and got 173 caches within 30 miles
      of my house with that attribute. I would hope that most of those would be ones that you
      could go after together. Since many will equate flat ground all the way to GZ as being
      accessible by wheelchair, you may still find some that are ground level and just not possible
      to reach while remaining seated. Still, it is a good way to narrow down potential caches.

      All the best to you and I hope that more true terrain caches are hidden for you all soon.

      gumbietygress@... wrote:

      Worse n' that, he was bushwhacking whilst on crutches. It's no coincidence he's retrieved your Boogerbear twice.
      That's our HiDude!!!
      BarbJ =the man's crazy, but I like/admire crazy!= Tygress