Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Thanks for making this our best cachi ng year ever !

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2012
      sweet!
      That's excellent.

      BarbJ/Tygress

      ---------- Original Message ----------
      From: "iris9" <iris9@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Thanks for making this our best caching year ever !
      Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:52:42 -0000

      It just happened - no conscious decision to step it up.    And I am sure it will never happen again!

      We kept hearing such great things about the ET series that we decided to go out and try it.  By the time we got there it was archived so plans changed.  We were already out there so instead did the Rt 66 series, and lots of the off-road ones around there.  Then headed on toward the FMCA convention in Wisconsin, via home to take care of all the problems the burglars had made at our home.  Of course we cached where ever we were.  Then the new ET series kept nagging that we still hadn't gotten to try it.  So in looking at maps we discovered that we were closer to Nevada from where we were than we would be from Austin so why not swing by there on the way home.  Of course the route went through Colorado, ok lots of caches there to get, and also in Utah.  We only went for the ones that were on our route.  Finally got to do ET despite the early rain / snow storm that hit.  Then we still had to get home and Oklahoma had such a nice string of caches.  So routed us that way.

      The only goal for most of the year was just to have as much fun as we could in the last few years of our life.  I have always loved to travel and visit fascinating places.  Every place has something to offer - historical places, museums, bird-watching, etc, and caches.  We don't consider ourselves die-hard cachers.  Many times we have commented to each other that a die-hard cacher would be out grabbing caches while we are just enjoying nature or spending the day at a museum.
      It was only in the last few weeks of the year when we realized that 15K was so close did we set a goal to make that happen.

      I am the planner, and Glenn goes along with most of my plans !!!  If it were not for him, none of this would have happened.

      As we travel around one of the most exciting things is opening a cache and finding the name of some of the wonderful cachers we know already on the log.  You are an inspiration to us.    And it is always fun to find that the muggle that comes up is really another cacher we just haven't met yet.  The people and places make it all worthwhile.

      Happy Caching,
      Iris / Lyni9

      > WOW!
      >
      > Was there a conscious decision to step it up or did it just happen?  How do
      > you decide where to go?  Did you have a goal?  Which one of you is the
      > planner?
      >
      > I know Roger and I have seen your names in logs in some amazing places!  I
      > think we followed you through Louisiana recently and perhaps Florida.
      >
      > My best year was 4,300, and my last two years have been in the 1,200 range,
      > and that's just fine with me.  But I know how fun it can be to go after it!
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Julie and Roger
      > Mrs. Captain Picard
      > Footnotes coach
      >
      > On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM, iris9 <iris9@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Just wanted to say thanks to my wonderful husband and caching partner for
      > > making this our best caching year ever. Definitely exceeded what I thought
      > > we would ever find in our lifetime. Thanks for taking me out caching New
      > > Year's Eve day so that we ended the year with 15,000 finds - a record of
      > > 8890 finds in 2011, more than the past 3 years combined.
      > > So where are we going next?!? Love you.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: