Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Alphabet Soup 2012

  • steve allen
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
      If you need some extras. I have a *, !, :, ;, and a Y, W and Z in the same 3 mile area. I know they are in MO but hey it makes it for more soup!

      thanks,
      MO Pirate

      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
        Isn't it nice to be POPULAR?!?

        =g=

        BarbJ = in the soup = Tygress

        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
          Ready, Set, Go Cache On!

          > Isn't it nice to be POPULAR?!? =g= BarbJ = in the soup = Tygress

        • Richard
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
            Friends, thanks to all who voiced support and encouragement on this forum and privately for the Alphabet Soup Challenge over the past few days. You are appreciated!
            Cache on,
            Dick Young

            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
              Hey, it's a puzzle I can actually crack, and a challenge I can actually meet!
              Totally self-motivated here, Dick!

              =GRINS!!!=

              BarbJ/Tygress

              Friends, thanks to all who voiced support and encouragement on this forum and privately for the Alphabet Soup Challenge over the past few days.  You are appreciated!
              Cache on,
              Dick Young

              > Isn't it nice to be POPULAR?!? =g= BarbJ = in the soup = Tygress

              53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
              consumerproducts.com
            • lignumaqua
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 5, 2012
                I've posted a GSAK macro that will check your 'Found' database for compliance with Dick's 2012 ABC Cache here on the forum in the 'Files' section. It includes the additional counties and the new 1,2 requirement.

                Mike

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <rtyoungster@...> wrote:

                > Ready, Set, Go Cache On!
                >
                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gumbietygress@" <gumbietygress@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Isn't it nice to be POPULAR?!? =g= BarbJ = in the soup = Tygress

              • Indigo Parrish
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 6, 2012
                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@...> wrote:

                  > I've posted a GSAK macro that will check your 'Found' database for compliance with Dick's 2012 ABC Cache here on the forum in the 'Files' section. It includes the additional counties and the new 1,2 requirement.

                  Hi Mike --

                  Thanks for the GSAK macro!

                  I think this it might be doing the wrong thing with the '1' and '2' caches. In particular, I don't think the same cache can be used for both a letter and a number since the Challenge says you have to find 28 caches.

                  I noticed this since the macro reused these two caches in my case:

                  URP Parmer Lane Series #14
                  No Ifs, Ands, or Butts #2

                  Best wishes,

                  -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
                • lignumaqua
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 6, 2012
                    Yes - good point! You can never get that overlap with the letters as they always have to be the first character. As the numbers can appear anywhere in the string, duplicates are possible and it's more complex.

                    I'll fix it!

                    Mike

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Indigo Parrish" <indigo.parrish@...> wrote:

                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I've posted a GSAK macro that will check your 'Found' database for compliance with Dick's 2012 ABC Cache here on the forum in the 'Files' section. It includes the additional counties and the new 1,2 requirement.
                    >
                    > Hi Mike --
                    >
                    > Thanks for the GSAK macro!
                    >
                    > I think this it might be doing the wrong thing with the '1' and '2' caches. In particular, I don't think the same cache can be used for both a letter and a number since the Challenge says you have to find 28 caches.
                    >
                    > I noticed this since the macro reused these two caches in my case:
                    >
                    > URP Parmer Lane Series #14
                    > No Ifs, Ands, or Butts #2
                    >
                    > Best wishes,
                    >
                    > -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

                  • lignumaqua
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 6, 2012
                      I've posted an updated version of the macro which (I think!) deals with all the possible options correctly. It tries all combinations to find the one with most hits.

                      Mike

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@...> wrote:

                      > Yes - good point! You can never get that overlap with the letters as they always have to be the first character. As the numbers can appear anywhere in the string, duplicates are possible and it's more complex.
                      >
                      > I'll fix it!
                      >
                      > Mike
                      >
                      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Indigo Parrish" <indigo.parrish@> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I've posted a GSAK macro that will check your 'Found' database for compliance with Dick's 2012 ABC Cache here on the forum in the 'Files' section. It includes the additional counties and the new 1,2 requirement.
                      > >
                      > > Hi Mike --
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for the GSAK macro!
                      > >
                      > > I think this it might be doing the wrong thing with the '1' and '2' caches. In particular, I don't think the same cache can be used for both a letter and a number since the Challenge says you have to find 28 caches.
                      > >
                      > > I noticed this since the macro reused these two caches in my case:
                      > >
                      > > URP Parmer Lane Series #14
                      > > No Ifs, Ands, or Butts #2
                      > >
                      > > Best wishes,
                      > >
                      > > -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

                    • moosiegirltx
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 7, 2012
                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@...> wrote:

                        > I've posted a GSAK macro that will check your 'Found' database for compliance with Dick's 2012 ABC Cache here on the forum in the 'Files' section. It includes the additional counties and the new 1,2 requirement.
                        >
                        > Mike

                        You are TOO GOOD to us, Mike!! <3<3

                        I guess I could say I've started 2012 out right, since I completed the ABC Challenge on 1/3 with Cybercat (Jana) and LSLnL (Cindy). At least I THINK I did - I need to make sure of the qualifications ...

                        Candy