Re: Alphabet Soup 2012

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
      Wow, I've haven't stirred up this much conversation in years.
      Blizzard
    • steve allen
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
        If you need some extras. I have a *, !, :, ;, and a Y, W and Z in the same 3 mile area. I know they are in MO but hey it makes it for more soup!

        thanks,
        MO Pirate

        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
          Isn't it nice to be POPULAR?!?

          =g=

          BarbJ = in the soup = Tygress

          Wow, I've haven't stirred up this much conversation in years.
          Blizzard

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          LifeLock® Official Site
          Identity Theft Can Happen to Anyone So Get Protection with LifeLock.
          LifeLock.com
        • Richard
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
            Ready, Set, Go Cache On!

            > Isn't it nice to be POPULAR?!? =g= BarbJ = in the soup = Tygress

          • Richard
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
              Friends, thanks to all who voiced support and encouragement on this forum and privately for the Alphabet Soup Challenge over the past few days. You are appreciated!
              Cache on,
              Dick Young

              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 4, 2012
                Hey, it's a puzzle I can actually crack, and a challenge I can actually meet!
                Totally self-motivated here, Dick!

                =GRINS!!!=

                BarbJ/Tygress

                Friends, thanks to all who voiced support and encouragement on this forum and privately for the Alphabet Soup Challenge over the past few days.  You are appreciated!
                Cache on,
                Dick Young

                > Isn't it nice to be POPULAR?!? =g= BarbJ = in the soup = Tygress

                53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
                consumerproducts.com
              • lignumaqua
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 5, 2012
                  I've posted a GSAK macro that will check your 'Found' database for compliance with Dick's 2012 ABC Cache here on the forum in the 'Files' section. It includes the additional counties and the new 1,2 requirement.

                  Mike

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <rtyoungster@...> wrote:

                  > Ready, Set, Go Cache On!
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gumbietygress@" <gumbietygress@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Isn't it nice to be POPULAR?!? =g= BarbJ = in the soup = Tygress

                • Indigo Parrish
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 6, 2012
                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@...> wrote:

                    > I've posted a GSAK macro that will check your 'Found' database for compliance with Dick's 2012 ABC Cache here on the forum in the 'Files' section. It includes the additional counties and the new 1,2 requirement.

                    Hi Mike --

                    Thanks for the GSAK macro!

                    I think this it might be doing the wrong thing with the '1' and '2' caches. In particular, I don't think the same cache can be used for both a letter and a number since the Challenge says you have to find 28 caches.

                    I noticed this since the macro reused these two caches in my case:

                    URP Parmer Lane Series #14
                    No Ifs, Ands, or Butts #2

                    Best wishes,

                    -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
                  • lignumaqua
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 6, 2012
                      Yes - good point! You can never get that overlap with the letters as they always have to be the first character. As the numbers can appear anywhere in the string, duplicates are possible and it's more complex.

                      I'll fix it!

                      Mike

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Indigo Parrish" <indigo.parrish@...> wrote:

                      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I've posted a GSAK macro that will check your 'Found' database for compliance with Dick's 2012 ABC Cache here on the forum in the 'Files' section. It includes the additional counties and the new 1,2 requirement.
                      >
                      > Hi Mike --
                      >
                      > Thanks for the GSAK macro!
                      >
                      > I think this it might be doing the wrong thing with the '1' and '2' caches. In particular, I don't think the same cache can be used for both a letter and a number since the Challenge says you have to find 28 caches.
                      >
                      > I noticed this since the macro reused these two caches in my case:
                      >
                      > URP Parmer Lane Series #14
                      > No Ifs, Ands, or Butts #2
                      >
                      > Best wishes,
                      >
                      > -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

                    • lignumaqua
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 6, 2012
                        I've posted an updated version of the macro which (I think!) deals with all the possible options correctly. It tries all combinations to find the one with most hits.

                        Mike

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@...> wrote:

                        > Yes - good point! You can never get that overlap with the letters as they always have to be the first character. As the numbers can appear anywhere in the string, duplicates are possible and it's more complex.
                        >
                        > I'll fix it!
                        >
                        > Mike
                        >
                        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Indigo Parrish" <indigo.parrish@> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I've posted a GSAK macro that will check your 'Found' database for compliance with Dick's 2012 ABC Cache here on the forum in the 'Files' section. It includes the additional counties and the new 1,2 requirement.
                        > >
                        > > Hi Mike --
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for the GSAK macro!
                        > >
                        > > I think this it might be doing the wrong thing with the '1' and '2' caches. In particular, I don't think the same cache can be used for both a letter and a number since the Challenge says you have to find 28 caches.
                        > >
                        > > I noticed this since the macro reused these two caches in my case:
                        > >
                        > > URP Parmer Lane Series #14
                        > > No Ifs, Ands, or Butts #2
                        > >
                        > > Best wishes,
                        > >
                        > > -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

                      • moosiegirltx
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 7, 2012
                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@...> wrote:

                          > I've posted a GSAK macro that will check your 'Found' database for compliance with Dick's 2012 ABC Cache here on the forum in the 'Files' section. It includes the additional counties and the new 1,2 requirement.
                          >
                          > Mike

                          You are TOO GOOD to us, Mike!! <3<3

                          I guess I could say I've started 2012 out right, since I completed the ABC Challenge on 1/3 with Cybercat (Jana) and LSLnL (Cindy). At least I THINK I did - I need to make sure of the qualifications ...

                          Candy