Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Need a little help with a cache

  • Paul Albers
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2012
      Amy,

      Going with someone who has the correct tool to help out with this one is
      totally fine. When I was with a group that found it, it was placed just
      up underneath the sign. It wasn't being replaced correctly in the lower
      spots, so it was moved to a location that would definitely require the
      proper tool to retrieve. I can send you a picture of where it should
      be offline, if you would like. You can see both the placement and the
      tool used.

      Good luck with it and have fun.

      -paul
      HiDude_98

      shawnolsen@... wrote:
      I was able to stand on the base and reach it when I went which was a long time ago, do you think that is still possible?

      Best,

      Shawn/S6sputnik

      In a message dated 1/3/2012 11:05:36 P.M. Central Standard Time, barneycats@... writes:

      I have been eyeing a cache in NW Austin for a while: HiDude Christmas Madness #3 http://coord.info/GC226BT. Having read all the logs and visited the location a couple of times, I realize I dont have the "tool" or skill necessary to get this one on my own. I am wondering, would it be fair to ask if someone with the proper tool, who has maybe found it before, would be able to assist me and my daughter? If this isnt a proper request to make, then please forgive me!
      Thanks,
      Amy

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2012
        Sure it's fair to ask! Though you might find you have an appropriate 'tool' already. Many tools will do the job. And, unless you're wheelchair bound or have other serious physical handicaps, you surely have the skill. [It's not a 'Climb' or 'Monkey caching (xtreme)' type cache.]
        I'm crazy busy on weekdays, but you could pick a weekend morning time perhaps to rendezvous....not too early, it's a weekend. We'll probably be headed out that way between 9 and 10 on Saturday (Farmer's Market Day). Others might have greater availability. Or someone who hasn't found the cache who would join up for double the smilies.

        BarbJ/Tygress

        I have been eyeing a cache in NW Austin for a while: HiDude Christmas Madness #3 http://coord.info/GC226BT. Having read all the logs and visited the location a couple of times, I realize I dont have the "tool" or skill necessary to get this one on my own. I am wondering, would it be fair to ask if someone with the proper tool, who has maybe found it before, would be able to assist me and my daughter? If this isnt a proper request to make, then please forgive me!
        Thanks,
        Amy

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        51 Yr Old Woman Looks 25
        Mom Publishes Free Wrinkle Secret That Has Angered Doctors!
        ConsumerLifestyles.org
      • Esther Lopez
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2012
          I remember 'asking' a young and agile employee at a nearby establishment for help. I don't know if I turned the two muggles who helped into geocachers, but they had a laugh doing it!
          Good luck!

          Esther/BGTx

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2012
            Amy..

            Happy to help with this one, and grab it as well while we are at it.  Let me know if you go get it, need any help, or are able to get other help.

            Greg Jewett
            Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
            (512) 627-7290       greg (at) ejewett.com