New Year's Geocaching Resolutions...

  • John Baker
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
      So far, I have completed a couple in 2011. My most exciting was getting all of my 81 D/T combinations completed by 12/31.

      What are your 2012 goals??

      Here are my 2012 goals:
      Attend 1 (if not at least 2) Mega Events
      Complete my 366 day find calendar (I have 328 of 366)
      Get my black belt in GSAK Profile Stats (almost there!)
      Complete my Jasmer Challenge (Getting every month/year a geocache was placed. I have two left...6 and 8 of 2000)
      And to find more geocaches this year than last year!

      That is for starters...I have a few more.

      John/thenkengrene
    • Matt Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012

        I’m right there with you, John.  I just completed my D/T chart and am about to go find DrPflug’s Challenge Cache (GC37R52).  Also this year, I did my 151 days in a row streak (challenge cache in SATX not yet found), went to Seattle for a block party for my first out of state (and country in Canada) caches.  I also crossed the 1K find mark and completed MONSTER (GCKGF2) which was a feat in and of itself.  A memorable event was a CITO event in Houston with my brother where we got 32 caches by kayak (first CITO event & first time in a kayak).   Finally, I just recently hosted my first-ever event.  Oh, wait… I actually registered a GC account for my son.  That was a major milestone, too.

        It’s been quite a year, indeed!  I could probably think of some more “firsts” or major events related to caching.  This is my second year of caching and the fun just never stops.

        As for my other goals, I’m probably not going to focus on my calendar (except do try to complete “more” of it and DEFINITELY get one on 2/29), but a biggie for me is finishing what I’ve started on replacing the 29 down 29 series here in Georgetown.  I’m not much for hiding, so it’s been a challenge that I’d like to mark off my list.  I’ve been thinking about going “Round 2” on my D/T chart, but perhaps not.  There are also a couple series (namely, PowerRiddle) that I have on my mind that would require entire days to complete.

        I don’t know!  Good question!  Thanks for sharing.  I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.  :-)

        Matt / Kemis

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
          2011 was a very good year for me as I almost tripled my find rate from the previous year. May will mark my third year caching! I have many goals for 2012: Visit the toilet seat museum in San Antonio (GCB6A8), attempt to finish my calendar grid, do more night caches, finish MONSTER (on Stage 30!!), find Necropolis of Britannia Manor (GC2B034), put a dent in the County Challenge (I have 68 so far!), add Mexico and Arkansas to my maps, hide more creative caches, go for the gold in the State Park geocaching challenge, do the Moon Tower series and take a trip to Pace Bend...I'm sure as the year goes by I will add more ;)

          Angelika/Bicycle_Junkie