Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] The Veloway

  • Jana Iannello
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2011
      On 12/31/2011 10:45 PM, Bill Ellis wrote:

      Toni, don't think that you only need a bike on the Veloway.  There are TONS of bike trails in Austin...neighborhoods connecting other neighborhoods connecting greenbelts connecting shopping centers connecting parks.......you can cache on a bike all day in Austin.  A bike would be a terrific investment for caching around there.  I've brought my bike up several times and I've been just amazed at the interconnectedness of everything. You WILL use your bike again and again!

      I do not know about scooters. There is a sign at the parking lot of the Veloway that lists all the rules.  I do know that some bike shops like the Bicycle Sport Shop at Lamar and Barton Springs Rd. rent bikes.

      On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 3:53 PM, busybeetoni <tfbrown@...> wrote:

      I want to hit the Veloway, but don't have a bike or skates. I think I'd probably kill myself if I bought some skates and I don't really want to purchase a bike that I know I'll never use again. Can you take a unmotorized scooter on that trail?

      --
      Bill
      a.k.a ZionZR2
      512-789-1469