Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Quote of the Day

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2011
      From: "bigguy9211116" <bigguy9211116@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Quote of the Day
      Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 03:57:52 -0000

      Howdy!
      A friend of mine sent me this as the Quote of the Day...

      "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

      ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

      Do you think Emerson might have been a geocacher?

      Esther/BGTx

      ---------reply---------

      Of course, we don't WANT incidental trails any more than we can help...

      But then I was indoctrinated by the National Park Service -- the ol' poster of a hiking boot crushing a rare orchid.

      Still, in the right vein: A touch of Frost:

      1. The Road Not Taken

      TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,

      And sorry I could not travel both

      And be one traveler, long I stood

      And looked down one as far as I could

      To where it bent in the undergrowth;           5

      Then took the other, as just as fair,

      And having perhaps the better claim,

      Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

      Though as for that the passing there

      Had worn them really about the same,         10

      And both that morning equally lay

      In leaves no step had trodden black.

      Oh, I kept the first for another day!

      Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

      I doubted if I should ever come back.            15

      I shall be telling this with a sigh

      Somewhere ages and ages hence:

      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

      I took the one less traveled by,

      And that has made all the difference.

      60-Year-Old Mom Looks 27
      Mom Reveals Free Wrinkle Trick That Has Angered Doctors!
      ConsumerLifestyles.org