RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] GSAK v8 and PQs

  • Matt Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 2011

      Iris,

      Please clarify the following sentence:  “Every time I get a new PQ for that area I download it into the same database”  (Elaborate on “same”.)

      When you reply, please compare your process to the following steps I just performed and let me know what’s different than you:

      1.      Pick a cache at random that only has the default 5-6 logs.

      2.      Go to Geocaching.com Access menu and “Get recent logs…”

      3.      Retrieve 20 logs, then verify cache now has 20 instead of 5-6.

      4.      Now, “Download pocket queries” into the “same” database.   <--  Is this what you mean by “same”?

      5.      The cache still shows 20 logs.  The PQ import saw the cache was up to date and didn’t modify the cache nor delete any old logs.

      I’d love to help you get to the bottom of this, so let me know your thoughts and/or identify any incorrect assumptions or statements I’m making.

      Thanks & good luck!  :-)

      Matt / Kemis