Re: A big "Whoop!" for snowman99

  • Indigo Parrish
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 6, 2011
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bigguy9211116" <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

      > Howdy!
      >
      > Just wanted to let everyone know that snowman99 completed the Texas County Challenge yesterday December 3, 2011.

      Wow. That was quite speedy. Well done, and congratuations!

      I'll give snowman99 a shout-out on the FB page ASAP.

      -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
    • Indigo Parrish
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 6, 2011
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, shawnolsen@... wrote:

        > Darn ...that's 254 stops!!!!!!!!!!!!and many miles! Congrats
        >
        > I need a smaller state!! a city state would work fine!

        I strongly recommend ... DELAWARE.

        Whoo-hoo !! http://coord.info/GL4CCP7Z
        And a state highpoint, too : http://coord.info/GLYPMW

        Say 'Hi' to Doreen Kupchick the "Queen of the Elbright Azimuth" if you see her there. She's the keeper of the highpointers log for Delaware and will talk your EAR off if she sees you out her back window. She talked to us for nearly 30 minutes when we visited there.

        http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/archive/2008_02_01_backstory.html

        ;-)

        -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
      • Indigo Parrish
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 6, 2011
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Indigo Parrish" <indigo.parrish@...> wrote:

          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, shawnolsen@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Darn ...that's 254 stops!!!!!!!!!!!!and many miles! Congrats
          > >
          > > I need a smaller state!! a city state would work fine!
          >
          > I strongly recommend ... DELAWARE.
          >
          > Whoo-hoo !! http://coord.info/GL4CCP7Z
          > And a state highpoint, too : http://coord.info/GLYPMW

          Whoops! GC.com's links for benchmark logs are totally wrong.

          Try this one instead :

          http://www.geocaching.com/mark/log.aspx?LUID=8f62c036-b16b-4195-b425-b14f01c38fbe&IID=92efd397-771d-492b-bcb3-74a9bfce5dbf

          As you can see, IP and VS nearly needed oxygen to reach the highpoint of ... Delaware ;)

          -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 6, 2011
            Way to go Snowman!  I've been caching for years and am not even close to this. <G>

            Russ the Waterweasel