RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] San Antonio cache ban in parks

  • Jay Bingham
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2011

      Interesting, what is on hold, the ban or the caches? J

      I was just in SA yesterday and found a cache in Stone Oak Park J, so I am guessing that the ban is on hold.

      Seriously, I was just browsing around the TXGA site and noticed some information on this in the welcome message there from Matthew Manning dated 26 Aug 2011 (http://www.texasgeocaching.com/home/welcome). From what he said it appears that he thinks that the issue is resolved and that caches will be allowed as long as permits are obtained. Reference is made to efforts by TXGA South Region Representative, Tank&Spaz (Cort Ferguson) to resolve the issue. Further reading in the TXGA South Texas forum where Tank&Spaz is the moderator reveals that there is a thread on this subject. In that thread there are two posts by Tank&Spaz one dated 13 Sep 2011 and the other dated 16 Sep 2011 which appear to be definitive. So in addition to what MCP said the gist of these two posts is that no permits will be required at present and the folks at the Parks Department seem to have bigger issues to deal with and appear to have forgotten about this issue.

      +-+ Jay - Bing-GTX