Re: Proposal: "Black Friday Cacher Call"

  • alex
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 4, 2011
      Well if Georgetown is being considered, let me offer an idea. I don't know how it happened but I found myself appointed as Club Manager of the Elks Lodge in Georgetown. We will be serving food at 6pm on Black Friday and I know for a fact that it will be fish. So a few types of vegetarians can be catered for there. If I know rough numbers in advance I can also lay on a baked potato and salad.

      There is loads of space in the hall and we have a full bar too. There is even a cache right outside the front door.

      Alex
      Slytherin

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "da_hoffie" <choffman6@...> wrote:

      > All right, I been up to my neck in stuff (unit related stuff), but on duty right now, so I am working on my projects while going to try to survive the night...
      >
      > Now, I am going to take a trip down to Duke's BBQ and check them out. It is a strong possible, but I am also going to look elsewhere, because I want, wherever is decided on, to ensure it will suit everyone.
      >
      > And yes, BigGuyinTX, I want to make this iPhoneaddict's swan song too.

    • Jay Bingham
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 4, 2011

        Not trying to start a war here, but just so you all know, there is also a cache right out side the front door at Dukes.

        +-+ Jay - Bing-GTX
        |+| Georgetown , TX USA

        Well if Georgetown is being considered, let me offer an idea. I don't know how it happened but I found myself appointed as Club Manager of the Elks Lodge in Georgetown . We will be serving food at 6pm on Black Friday and I know for a fact that it will be fish. So a few types of vegetarians can be catered for there. If I know rough numbers in advance I can also lay on a baked potato and salad.

        There is loads of space in the hall and we have a full bar too. There is even a cache right outside the front door.

        Alex
        Slytherin

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "da_hoffie" <choffman6@...> wrote:

        > All right, I been up to my neck in stuff (unit related stuff), but on duty
        right now, so I am working on my projects while going to try to survive the night...

        > Now, I am going to take a trip down to Duke's BBQ and check them out. It
        is a strong possible, but I am also going to look elsewhere, because I want, wherever is decided on, to ensure it will suit everyone.

        > And yes, BigGuyinTX, I want to make this iPhoneaddict's swan song too.

      • da_hoffie
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 4, 2011
          Well, Alex and Jay, thanks...all...I CALL A VOTE! Fish or BBQ. Vote by Sunday and we will go with the vote.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

          > Not trying to start a war here, but just so you all know, there is also a
          > cache right out side the front door at Dukes.
          >

          > +-+ Jay - Bing-GTX
          > |+| Georgetown, TX USA
          > +-+ "What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for."
          >

          > _____

        • joseph p
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 5, 2011
            i like to place a vote for bbq. if im allowed to i would also like to put in a vote for my wife as a bbq vote also. so that is two votes for bbq.
          • angelikafuller
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 5, 2011
              Fish!

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "da_hoffie" <choffman6@...> wrote:

              > Well, Alex and Jay, thanks...all...I CALL A VOTE! Fish or BBQ. Vote by Sunday and we will go with the vote.
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Not trying to start a war here, but just so you all know, there is also a
              > > cache right out side the front door at Dukes.
              > >

              > > +-+ Jay - Bing-GTX
              > > |+| Georgetown, TX USA
              > > +-+ "What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for."
              > >

              > > _____

            • Debbie Sampson
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 5, 2011
                Joey and I vote for BBQ