Re: Good caches in Washington (the State)

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
      You would probably do well by asking the folks at WSGA at

      http://www.wsgaonline.org

      Be sure to tell them where in the area you will be and what kind of caches you like so they can provide more specific info.

      You could also check the Northwest section of the Groundspeak forums at

      http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=21

      They are pretty active there and even have a pinned thread of shared bookmarks (something we may wanna do in the Southeast forums there?).

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <greg@...> wrote:

      > Last minute request from folks who have Geocached in Washington (the state).
      >
      > I am up here for a wedding, and the only thing that I had on my mind outside of the wedding was a scheduled visit of HQ.
      >
      > I will be up here until Sunday, coming back home to Texas on Monday.
      >
      > There are a couple of challenges and caches that I heard from FTF magazine that I should visit:
      > The "Gum Wall" (Cache: "Double Bubble Toil & Trouble [GC24H25]", Challenge: "All gummed up in Seattle.")
      > The Space Needle (Cache: "???", Challenge: "Spacy Needles??")
      > HQ (scheduled my visit).
      >
      > Are there any other caches in the Seattle, Kent or Federal Way areas of Washington that are "must get" or "memorable" that I should go try to get?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Greg Jewett
      > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
      > (512) 308-6214 greg (at) ejewett.com
      > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree
      > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/

    • Greg Jewett
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
        Thanks SQ.

        Since I will putting together the CTXG Website, this is a great idea. Wanna lead this section?

        __________________________
        Greg Jewett

        On Nov 4, 2011, at 6:00, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@...> wrote:

        > You would probably do well by asking the folks at WSGA at
        >
        > http://www.wsgaonline.org
        >
        > Be sure to tell them where in the area you will be and what kind of caches you like so they can provide more specific info.
        >
        > You could also check the Northwest section of the Groundspeak forums at
        >
        > http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=21
        >
        > They are pretty active there and even have a pinned thread of shared bookmarks (something we may wanna do in the Southeast forums there?).
        >

        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <greg@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Last minute request from folks who have Geocached in Washington (the state).
        >>
        >> I am up here for a wedding, and the only thing that I had on my mind outside of the wedding was a scheduled visit of HQ.
        >>
        >> I will be up here until Sunday, coming back home to Texas on Monday.
        >>
        >> There are a couple of challenges and caches that I heard from FTF magazine that I should visit:
        >> The "Gum Wall" (Cache: "Double Bubble Toil & Trouble [GC24H25]", Challenge: "All gummed up in Seattle.")
        >> The Space Needle (Cache: "???", Challenge: "Spacy Needles??")
        >> HQ (scheduled my visit).
        >>
        >> Are there any other caches in the Seattle, Kent or Federal Way areas of Washington that are "must get" or "memorable" that I should go try to get?
        >>
        >> Thanks!
        >>
        >> Greg Jewett
        >> Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
        >> (512) 308-6214 greg (at) ejewett.com
        >> Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree
        >> http://geocaching.ejewett.com/

      • Mrs. Captain Picard
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
          Hi Greg!
          We were there this summer and found some great caches!

          Near the HQ, we loved Trolls Lair GC11HRQ (currently disabled) but go look under the bridge anyway!

          Near the space needle, there's an incredible view at Kerry Viewpoint Park (GC62C8), a Dinosaur Train (GC28FGB) cache at the base of the needle

          Near the Gum Wall, I liked Octopus' Garden of Watery Delight (GC30EQY),

          We used the favorites points to help us decide where to go, and we felt like that worked pretty well for us.

          Enjoy!

          Julie and Roger
          Mrs. Captain Picard
          Footnotes coach

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
            Hey Julie!
            I found your log entry in the log book when I visited HQ.  I saw the name and exclaimed -- hey I know that geocacher!  Drop my son's trackable, a couple of my pathtags (don't worry -- I will pass them out to my geocaching friends in Texas at the next event I attend).

            THANK YOU so much for the cache idea, and reminding me about the favorite votes as a way to find good ones! *8-)

[...]

          • Esther Lopez
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
              Wow, I am so jealous and excited for you!!!!!! Congrats on making it to Mecca, be safe and I will see you when you get back. Have you posted the pics to FB? Are you going to?
              Esther/BGTx