Re: Gordo's Grotto

  • wearegaughen
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
      I went through this part of the greenbelt yesterday and found the cache still in good shape. Thanks for taking care of the redirector. Glad I had a chance to grab this one before it gets replaced altogether.
      --Brendan / WeAreGaughen

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Indigo Parrish" <indigo.parrish@...> wrote:

      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "wearegaughen" <brendanisgone@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I got an email today saying it was officially archived (sad face), but just to clarify - this one's actually still there?
      >
      > Yes, it's still there.
      >
      > I intend to submit a new traditional cache called "Gordo's Grotto" at the final location as a tribute.
      >
      > Too bad the cache owners seem to have moved on.
      > I loved all their caches.
      >
      > -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
      >

      > > --Brendan / WeAreGaughen

      > > > I stopped by on Friday after hiking to "Elevation" and "Wild Side" to check on this one. I found the cache in good shape (someone must have replaced the container with a new one) and so I fixed the redirector accordingly. It should be good to go again.
      > > >
      > > > -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

    • Mrs. Captain Picard
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
        If all the pieces are in place, why doesn't someone just re-post the ORIGINAL cache as a new cache?  Scott of Team GeoDillo apparently isn't worried about retrieving his final container.  Nothing is blocking this new cache from being posted.

        Indigo Parrish, I nominate you!

        Cheers,

        On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Indigo Parrish <indigo.parrish@...> wrote:

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "wearegaughen" <brendanisgone@...> wrote:

        > I got an email today saying it was officially archived (sad face), but just to clarify - this one's actually still there?

        Yes, it's still there.

        I intend to submit a new traditional cache called "Gordo's Grotto" at the final location as a tribute.

        Too bad the cache owners seem to have moved on.
        I loved all their caches.

        -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

        > --Brendan / WeAreGaughen
        >

        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Indigo Parrish" <indigo.parrish@> wrote:

        > > > Me too! I even copied part of it for "Xanadu".
        > > > I hereby offer to adopt it and maintain it.
        > >
        > > I stopped by on Friday after hiking to "Elevation" and "Wild Side" to check on this one. I found the cache in good shape (someone must have replaced the container with a new one) and so I fixed the redirector accordingly. It should be good to go again.
        > >
        > > -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

      • Shawn Olsen
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
          I second that!

          S6sputnik/Shawn

          On Nov 2, 2011, at 11:39 AM, "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

          If all the pieces are in place, why doesn't someone just re-post the ORIGINAL cache as a new cache?  Scott of Team GeoDillo apparently isn't worried about retrieving his final container.  Nothing is blocking this new cache from being posted.

          Indigo Parrish, I nominate you!

          Cheers,

          On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Indigo Parrish <indigo.parrish@...> wrote:

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "wearegaughen" <brendanisgone@...> wrote:

          > I got an email today saying it was officially archived (sad face), but just to clarify - this one's actually still there?

          Yes, it's still there.

          I intend to submit a new traditional cache called "Gordo's Grotto" at the final location as a tribute.

          Too bad the cache owners seem to have moved on.
          I loved all their caches.

          -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

          > --Brendan / WeAreGaughen
          >

          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Indigo Parrish" <indigo.parrish@> wrote:

          > > > Me too! I even copied part of it for "Xanadu".
          > > > I hereby offer to adopt it and maintain it.
          > >
          > > I stopped by on Friday after hiking to "Elevation" and "Wild Side" to check on this one. I found the cache in good shape (someone must have replaced the container with a new one) and so I fixed the redirector accordingly. It should be good to go again.
          > >
          > > -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

        • Indigo Parrish
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 3, 2011

            > If all the pieces are in place, why doesn't someone just re-post the
            > ORIGINAL cache as a new cache? Scott of Team GeoDillo apparently isn't
            > worried about retrieving his final container. Nothing is blocking this new
            > cache from being posted.
            >
            > Indigo Parrish, I nominate you!

            I already did exactly that -- it was published yesterday :

            Gordo's Grotto Redux
            http://coord.info/GC371CV

            Go get it!!

            -Keith (Indigo Parrish)