Re: Cool New Software (Firmware) for the Oregon 450 and 550 models

  • banda_geocacher
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 21, 2011
      That's good. My only other concern is that previously I had instances where I would load an updated gpx file with the same name, but the caches would not update properly. I think that is what Garmin was trying to fix with 5.10. I wonder if the problem will return with 5.20.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, John Baker <thenkengrene@...> wrote:

      > Yes, with the last version the fewer the caches the faster the load time.
      > Now it should be fast whether it is 100 or 5000.
      >
      > John/thenkengrene
      >
      > On Oct 21, 2011 9:16 AM, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:
      >
      > **
      >

      > OK. I was wondering if the number of caches and the location of the file
      > would affect start-up time. My theory was that multiple thousands of caches
      > loaded on the sd card would cause longer start-up times, but I guess you
      > were seeing that even with internal memory. I have found that less than 100
      > caches loads very quickly, even with 5.10
      >
      > Brent
      >

      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, John Baker <thenkengrene@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > For today'...
      > > On Oct 21, 2011 8:17 AM, "banda_geocacher" <banda@> wrote:
      > >
      > > **
      >

      > > I'm curious, how many caches do you two guys typically load on your
      > Oregons,
      > > and do you l...

    • banda_geocacher
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 1, 2011
        That's interesting. Message replies I tried to post back on October 21st just showed up today on November 1st!