Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Halloween Hokey Pokey

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2011
      We did all but one of them in the day time ... not being big on cemeteries at night (it's not spooky, it's, um... a head thing about appropriate times to visit).
      A> if you do go at night, they aren't intrusive on the cemetery (save maybe two)
      B> Perfectly good day time caches -- though you may need slightly keener eyes to catch the reflectors -- and you'll laugh rather than shriek.

      Enjoy!

      -BarbJ/Tygress

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2011
        There is an event in Round Rock this Sat. (Oct.8) that ends at dusk. Maybe some of the attendees would be willing to go out after and do a few of those. I haven't done any of them. Doing them in a group would be fun!!!!

        Esther/BGTx

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
          I like the group idea after the event!!!

          --
          ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2
          512-789-1469
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
            When we did them, we did the first half during daylight with no trouble.

            Russ the Waterweasel

            These are on the list for the 2010 Austin Best and I'd like to do them. However, they are all night caches and I'm too afraid to go out in the boonies alone in the dark. I do it all the time in the day time, but not at night. I have read several of the logs on some of these caches and it appears that they may be do-able by day. What do ya'll think? Can I?

          • busybeetoni
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
              Oh I like that idea. FYI, I c can't really drive at dark in dark areas I'm unfamiliar with. I think that's an old age thing. But if there's a group going I'd like to go with. Otherwise, if they can be done during the day I'm willing to drive.