Re: Adopting a cache

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2011
      Yes. It is Groundspeak's policy that the will not adopt over a cache without the owner's permission on the basis that the cache is not theirs to do with as they please and the cache may be listed on another site. If you want a cache there and the owner won't respond, your only alternatives are to fix it as if it were yours or put a needs archived on it, get it archived, then put your own there.

      Keep in mind that even though this cache is 6 years old or so, every cache has a lifespan. Maybe it's time to let this one go. After all, with the original sign apparently gone, the hide is not as the CO placed it. Also, is a micro at a sign the best that can be placed in this neat little park? It may be time for something new and better.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Esther Lopez <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

      > I agree with Brent on what to do. If the reviewer gets involved, the cache will only get archived. If your intent is to salvage a long standing cache, the only way is with the original owner.
      > Good Luck!
      > Esther/BGTx

    • moosiegirltx
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
        I racked my brain for a while and finally remembered what cacher it was who was friends with couplatexans - it's filler & bcat, our buddy Nick who now lives in CT. I emailed him to find out if he can get a hold of Jess. I'll let you know if/when I hear from either of them. I would like to keep this one alive, too!

        Candy
        moosiegirl

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
          I got in contact with couplatexans (Jess) (thanks to Nick!) and will get him in contact with Amy. Here's hoping this cache will be up and running again before long.

          Candy