Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] DNF the cache but found something better

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2011
      Some people get it and some never will.  It's so cool when they DO!  I hope they have tons of fun out there.

      Cheers,

      On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 10:46 PM, rrohlf_2000 <RRJunk@...> wrote:

      I was out at dusk Sunday at Hutto Lake Park to try to find a couple caches. I found Rock-et Man, then moved on to try to find some of the others.

      Down the trail a piece I ran into a few folks who were fishing where I was trying to find "HLP Ridley Pier-son" (I had old availability info; I didn't realize it had been disabled.)

      The man and the two kids asked what I was doing, so I explained what geocaching was about, showed them a few different cache containers I was carrying with me, and showed how many caches were around the area (esp. in Old Settler's Park.) I also showed them a RickandWyatt geocoin and told them about coin number 31's travels. The man seemed interested, so I asked if he had a smart phone; he did, so I told him he could get an app at geocaching.com

      Long story short, today I got a "friend" request from bigzeb, someone I'd never heard of: http://coord.info/PR5Z08M

      Turns out they really did check it out:

      "Hi! Im one of those kids you talked about geocashing to! That got me thinking. So Spencer (me) and Spencer made this account. We just wanted to say hi to you and to see if you remembered us. Thanks, S.S

      "P.S We found that cash in the tree on the playground!"

      Sounds like we've got a couple of new caching converts. :-)

      I think it would be very cool if a few of the folks here would take a moment to welcome Spencer and his dad to the cool group of people who make up the Central Texas caching community.

      TFTC! (Thanks for the Cachers!)

      Made my day, it did.

      Rick
      RickandWyatt

    • moosiegirltx
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2011
        I sent them a note and told them there's an event at the Snow Cone stand on Saturday in hopes they'll come out to meet some of us. :-)

        Candy
        moosiegirl