Re: Thanks my geocaching friends

  • bigguy9211116
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
      Dear Barbara,
      I am so very sorry for your loss. I never had the opportunity to know your beautiful "Chip", but I do know you. And if, as they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, then I missed something wonderful!
      Thank you for posting his tribute page and the link to his lovely singing. I was deeply moved and only wish I could be with you right now to give you a hug!
      With much love,
      Esther

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara" <bjdukette@...> wrote:

      > 4 years ago, the unimaginable happened. My son, Chip Dukette, was involved in a bicycle accident. He went into a coma, and died October 1, 2007. Chip was 26 years old.
      >
      > I write this note, because I wanted to thank my geocaching friends for all the support I received during those endless days in the hospital, and the endless days after Chip's death. Y'all came and sat with me in the waiting room, and called me and kept me busy when the waiting room wasn't necessary anymore.
      >
      > I've seen how this family operates over the many emergencies we've had over the years - from one crippling accident to another. Wow, what a group. All you new geocachers, I hope you never need the support this group gives; but if you do, know we'll be there for you.
      >
      > If you'd like, you can visit a memorial to Chip on Facebook. Just search for "Chip Dukette"
      >
      > Thanks again for the love,
      > GiGi and JoJo/Barbara

    • Barbara Dukette
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2011
        Thanks for the kind words. You made a tough day a little easier. Thanks for listening to his song.  I may not still have my Chip, but I do have his voice.

        Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

        > If you'd like, you can visit a memorial to Chip on Facebook. Just search for "Chip Dukette"

        My son Josh and I found Ghostbike a while back. As the father of two 20-something boys, I can't imagine enduring such a loss. I listened to "Stay with me" and it breaks my heart. Thank you for sharing your son's story.

      • busybeetoni
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 5, 2011
          I can't imagine the pain you went through. I do know we have an awesome geocaching family that truly cares for one another.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara" <bjdukette@...> wrote:

          > 4 years ago, the unimaginable happened. My son, Chip Dukette, was involved in a bicycle accident. He went into a coma, and died October 1, 2007. Chip was 26 years old.
          >
          > I write this note, because I wanted to thank my geocaching friends for all the support I received during those endless days in the hospital, and the endless days after Chip's death. Y'all came and sat with me in the waiting room, and called me and kept me busy when the waiting room wasn't necessary anymore.
          >
          > I've seen how this family operates over the many emergencies we've had over the years - from one crippling accident to another. Wow, what a group. All you new geocachers, I hope you never need the support this group gives; but if you do, know we'll be there for you.
          >
          > If you'd like, you can visit a memorial to Chip on Facebook. Just search for "Chip Dukette"
          >
          > Thanks again for the love,
          > GiGi and JoJo/Barbara

        • moosiegirltx
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011