Thanks my geocaching friends

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2011
      4 years ago, the unimaginable happened. My son, Chip Dukette, was involved in a bicycle accident. He went into a coma, and died October 1, 2007. Chip was 26 years old.

      I write this note, because I wanted to thank my geocaching friends for all the support I received during those endless days in the hospital, and the endless days after Chip's death. Y'all came and sat with me in the waiting room, and called me and kept me busy when the waiting room wasn't necessary anymore.

      I've seen how this family operates over the many emergencies we've had over the years - from one crippling accident to another. Wow, what a group. All you new geocachers, I hope you never need the support this group gives; but if you do, know we'll be there for you.

      If you'd like, you can visit a memorial to Chip on Facebook. Just search for "Chip Dukette"

      Thanks again for the love,
      GiGi and JoJo/Barbara
    • Mrs. Captain Picard

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 30, 2011
          =HUGS=
          I think of Chip every time I go by the Chuy's downtown... and, of course, his ghostbike.
          Unimaginable.

          =HUGS= and love, love, love, fellow Barbara...

          BarbJ/Tygress

[...]

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
          AwesomePennyStocks.com
        • Keith Petrus
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2011
            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara" <bjdukette@...> wrote:
            > If you'd like, you can visit a memorial to Chip on Facebook. Just search for "Chip Dukette"

            My son Josh and I found Ghostbike a while back. As the father of two 20-something boys, I can't imagine enduring such a loss. I listened to "Stay with me" and it breaks my heart. Thank you for sharing your son's story.
          • Jana Iannello
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
              On 9/30/2011 8:51 PM, Mrs. Captain Picard wrote:

              Barbara, I just can't imagine the pain you've gone through and my heart hurts for you.  I can only wish that the pain in your heart will lessen even as you keep the memory of  your son strong.
              Jana
              Cybercat

[...]

            • bigguy9211116
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
                Dear Barbara,
                I am so very sorry for your loss. I never had the opportunity to know your beautiful "Chip", but I do know you. And if, as they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, then I missed something wonderful!
                Thank you for posting his tribute page and the link to his lovely singing. I was deeply moved and only wish I could be with you right now to give you a hug!
                With much love,
                Esther

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara" <bjdukette@...> wrote:

                > 4 years ago, the unimaginable happened. My son, Chip Dukette, was involved in a bicycle accident. He went into a coma, and died October 1, 2007. Chip was 26 years old.
                >
                > I write this note, because I wanted to thank my geocaching friends for all the support I received during those endless days in the hospital, and the endless days after Chip's death. Y'all came and sat with me in the waiting room, and called me and kept me busy when the waiting room wasn't necessary anymore.
                >
                > I've seen how this family operates over the many emergencies we've had over the years - from one crippling accident to another. Wow, what a group. All you new geocachers, I hope you never need the support this group gives; but if you do, know we'll be there for you.
                >
                > If you'd like, you can visit a memorial to Chip on Facebook. Just search for "Chip Dukette"
                >
                > Thanks again for the love,
                > GiGi and JoJo/Barbara

              • Barbara Dukette
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 5, 2011
                  Thanks for the kind words. You made a tough day a little easier. Thanks for listening to his song.  I may not still have my Chip, but I do have his voice.

                  Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

                  > If you'd like, you can visit a memorial to Chip on Facebook. Just search for "Chip Dukette"

                  My son Josh and I found Ghostbike a while back. As the father of two 20-something boys, I can't imagine enduring such a loss. I listened to "Stay with me" and it breaks my heart. Thank you for sharing your son's story.

                • busybeetoni
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 5, 2011
                    I can't imagine the pain you went through. I do know we have an awesome geocaching family that truly cares for one another.

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara" <bjdukette@...> wrote:

                    > 4 years ago, the unimaginable happened. My son, Chip Dukette, was involved in a bicycle accident. He went into a coma, and died October 1, 2007. Chip was 26 years old.
                    >
                    > I write this note, because I wanted to thank my geocaching friends for all the support I received during those endless days in the hospital, and the endless days after Chip's death. Y'all came and sat with me in the waiting room, and called me and kept me busy when the waiting room wasn't necessary anymore.
                    >
                    > I've seen how this family operates over the many emergencies we've had over the years - from one crippling accident to another. Wow, what a group. All you new geocachers, I hope you never need the support this group gives; but if you do, know we'll be there for you.
                    >
                    > If you'd like, you can visit a memorial to Chip on Facebook. Just search for "Chip Dukette"
                    >
                    > Thanks again for the love,
                    > GiGi and JoJo/Barbara

                  • moosiegirltx
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011