Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: If......

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2011
      I was typing 'rhetorically' -- but there you go!
      This is why You Da Man!
      (and don't get nearly enough worship)

      BarbJ / Tygress

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2011
        Please tell us what to do and where to go.

        My thoughts from the only Challenge we have attended. By the time the caches were loaded in our GPS, we looked around and everyone was gone. So Glenn and I set off on our own to look for caches on our own. We didn't have any DNF, but we also didn't have as many finds as we had hoped for. Glenn & I have now found close to 11,000 caches together so obviously we enjoy caching together. But we went to this event with the expectations of caching with others and being part of a team, but instead it was just the 2 of us as usual. We did eventually bump into some other cachers at some of the caches and had fun with them. However, all in all, we came away feeling like we were not part of a team effort. So we left with the feeling "been there, done that" but not worth doing again.

        So I definitely think people should be put in groups and told where to go and what to do, both from the prospects of finding more caches toward the goal of winning, and also to make it more fun time and team effort.

        But this is just my thoughts. I'm sure others had different experiences there. Not sure where we will be at Challenge time next year so really hadn't thought much about attending.

        Lyni9 / Iris