Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] iPhone GPS booster

  • Mike Detlefsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2011
      I use a GNS 5870 Bluetooth GPSr with my iPod Touch (since it lacks built-in GPS). It's not as accurate as my eTrex, and is still something to carry about in a pocket.

      Be aware that using a Bluetooth product like a GPSr that transmits a lot of data will suck battery charge from the iPhone/iPod Touch on a major way. My GNS device battery charge will outlast the charge in the iPod Touch.

      It seems to get +/- 3 meter accuracy. Other than a rubbish power switch, it's been fine.

      I use it for bicycle navigation, not geocaching, but I may give it a try for that this week.

      Mike