Re: GSAK question?

  • banda_geocacher
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 2, 2011
      Bill,

      I can't test this myself right now, but you might want to remove all the current tags {%Name by %By (%Dif/%Ter)} and replace them with just %datepl and see if you don't get all the info you want. You can cut and paste the current code and save it in notepad in case you want to return it later.

      I think this might work for you. Let me know.

      Brent

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:

      > You may be running out of room. Not sure how many characters the 450 shows, but you might have to give up one of the other special tags in order to get the date placed to show. GSAK has so many wonderful special tags, but unfortunately we are limited by the number of characters each gps will show. I still have an old Magellan that only shows 6 characters!!! (NOT my primary unit any more.)
      >
      > I would suggest removing (%Dif/%Ter), since that info should show up without using special tags. Let me know if that works for you.
      >
      > Brent
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <sille777@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well Rats!! Tried that with my Garmin Oregon 450 it does not seem to work,
      > > the placed date does not show up.
      > >
      > > Thanks for the reply!
      > >
      > > On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM, banda_geocacher <banda@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > %datepl
      > > >
      > > > Brent
      > > >

      > > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <sille777@>

      > > --
      > > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
      > > Bill
      > > a.k.a ZionZR2
      > > 512-789-1469
      > > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

    • banda_geocacher
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 2, 2011
        On second thought, you need to keep %name with %datepl. (I need more coffee!) :)

      • Bill Ellis
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 2, 2011
          It seems no matter what I put or even do not put in that box nothing changes on whats displayed on the GPSr

          --
          ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2
          512-789-1469
          <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

        • Bill Ellis
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 2, 2011
            Scratch that!! I got it to work!

            --
            ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
            Bill
            a.k.a ZionZR2
            512-789-1469
            <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

            --
            ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
            Bill
            a.k.a ZionZR2
            512-789-1469
            <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

          • Bill Ellis
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 2, 2011
              This is what I have in the box.  I also checked the "check box" to the right that says "also apply to cache name"

              Thanks for your help!!

              --
              Bill
              a.k.a ZionZR2