Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] AFI Series Run!

  • shawnolsen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1 8:20 AM
      I'll check with my kids!

      In a message dated 8/31/2011 8:33:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time, sille777@... writes:

      A couple of us are planning to do the AFI Series of Caches Labor Day
      Monday. We would meet up and head out to the location from the
      Mo-Pac/Hwy 290 area around 7am Monday Morning.

      The AFI Series Consist of 100 Caches each dedicated to the American
      Film Institute's Top 100 Movies. There is also a Smaller Series of
      around 20 or so that we would knock out at the same time.

      If you have not yet completed this series and are Interested in
      Joining US. (Myself and John "Thenkengrene") Let us know.

      --
      ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
      Bill
      a.k.a ZionZR2
      512-789-1469
      <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

    • Greg Jewett
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1 8:29 AM
        I would love to do this, but I have to clear it with my muggle wife to take the kids (no school).

        Greg Jewett
        Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
        (512) 308-6214       greg (at) ejewett.com

        On Sep 1, 2011, at 10:20 , shawnolsen@... wrote:

        I'll check with my kids!

        In a message dated 8/31/2011 8:33:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time, sille777@... writes:

        A couple of us are planning to do the AFI Series of Caches Labor Day
        Monday. We would meet up and head out to the location from the
        Mo-Pac/Hwy 290 area around 7am Monday Morning.

        The AFI Series Consist of 100 Caches each dedicated to the American
        Film Institute's Top 100 Movies. There is also a Smaller Series of
        around 20 or so that we would knock out at the same time.

        If you have not yet completed this series and are Interested in
        Joining US. (Myself and John "Thenkengrene") Let us know.

        --
        ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
        Bill
        a.k.a ZionZR2
        512-789-1469
        <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

      • Esther Lopez
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1 9:23 AM
          I will see if my muggle CO can spare me that day.
           I will call soon to let you know and thanks for the invite!

          Esther/BGTx

          A couple of us are planning to do the AFI Series of Caches Labor Day
          Monday. We would meet up and head out to the location from the
          Mo-Pac/Hwy 290 area around 7am Monday Morning.

          The AFI Series Consist of 100 Caches each dedicated to the American
          Film Institute's Top 100 Movies. There is also a Smaller Series of
          around 20 or so that we would knock out at the same time.

          If you have not yet completed this series and are Interested in
          Joining US. (Myself and John "Thenkengrene") Let us know.

          --
          ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2
          512-789-1469
          <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

        • Esther Lopez
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1 7:35 PM
            Good news guys!!! I can go play on Monday!

            A couple of us are planning to do the AFI Series of Caches Labor Day
            Monday. We would meet up and head out to the location from the
            Mo-Pac/Hwy 290 area around 7am Monday Morning.

            --
            ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
            Bill
            a.k.a ZionZR2
            512-789-1469
            <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

          • Bill Ellis
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2 2:53 PM
              The plan is to meet Monday Morning at 6:45 AM at these cords: N 30 14.023 W 97 50.335
              It is the parking lot at my apartment complex.
              We hope to depart by 7am.  and head directly to the AFI series. The plan is to get all of the AFI and MCL series for a total of about 122 caches. If there are a few along the way that are not in the series I would have no issues with scooping those up as well.

              If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail or call.

              --
              ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
              Bill
              a.k.a ZionZR2
              512-789-1469
              <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

            • busybeetoni
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 5 4:53 AM
                You guys be careful out there. Weren't their wildfires out that direction yesterday?

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <sille777@...> wrote:

                > The plan is to meet Monday Morning at 6:45 AM at these cords: N 30 14.023 W
                > 97 50.335
                > It is the parking lot at my apartment complex.
                > We hope to depart by 7am. and head directly to the AFI series. The plan is
                > to get all of the AFI and MCL series for a total of about 122 caches. If
                > there are a few along the way that are not in the series I would have no
                > issues with scooping those up as well.
                >
                > If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail or call.
                >

                > --
                > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                > Bill
                > a.k.a ZionZR2
                > 512-789-1469
                > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

              • Shawn Olsen
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 5 5:29 AM
                  Yes, 71 was closed past Pace Bend and 620 between 2222 and the dam!

                  S6/Shawn

                  On Sep 5, 2011, at 6:53 AM, "busybeetoni" <tfbrown@...> wrote:

                  You guys be careful out there. Weren't their wildfires out that direction yesterday?

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <sille777@...> wrote:

                  > The plan is to meet Monday Morning at 6:45 AM at these cords: N 30 14.023 W
                  > 97 50.335
                  > It is the parking lot at my apartment complex.
                  > We hope to depart by 7am. and head directly to the AFI series. The plan is
                  > to get all of the AFI and MCL series for a total of about 122 caches. If
                  > there are a few along the way that are not in the series I would have no
                  > issues with scooping those up as well.
                  >
                  > If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail or call.
                  >

                  > --
                  > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                  > Bill
                  > a.k.a ZionZR2
                  > 512-789-1469
                  > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                • Bill Ellis
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5 4:15 PM
                    The AFI Run was successful! We found ALL One Hundred plus a few extra caches!  The Cache Fairy must have been on our side.  We did have fun but our hearts were saddened by all those who are having their lives turned up-side-down by all the Wildfires. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

                    --
                    ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                    Bill
                    a.k.a ZionZR2
                    512-789-1469
                    <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 6 5:31 AM
                      Great!
                      We were thinking of y'all as we kept glancing up at the smoke column.

                      BarbJ = dire times  = Tygress

                      --
                      Bill
                      a.k.a ZionZR2