blood trailing light

  • Dirk
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
      Does anybody know anything about these? I wondered if they use UV light and thus would double as a UV light.
    • Dirk
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
        EXAMPLE: http://www.cabelas.com/game-finders-primos-bloodhunter-blood-trailing-spotlight-2.shtml

        There are a variety of kinds and the one above apears to just be a yellow filter, but still wondered if UV sensitive stuff would pop from this light too.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk" <dirkvanderploeg@...> wrote:

        > Does anybody know anything about these? I wondered if they use UV light and thus would double as a UV light.

      • Bill Ellis
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
          My guess would be no!  UV lights are emitting a particular wave length that the UV reflectors pops for.  The filtered light will not be emitting the appropriate wave length and besides the filters they are using would probably block those wavelengths anyway.

          --
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2
          512-789-1469

        • Dirk
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
            I'm sure you're right but thought I'd ask just in case.