Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: 35 mm film cans

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011
      Yeah: we're bringing a bunch of them out as possible replacements for Route 66, UFO, and ET caches! ;-)

      Russ the married to Tygress Waterweasel

      From: Jana Iannello <cybercat@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Increase Quality Geocache Hides
      Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:45:04 -0400

      On 8/30/2011 10:06 AM, Esther Lopez wrote:

      who knows?  I guess there are enough people still using 35mm.........well of COURSE JMCz was there!
      Last time I asked for film cannisters at Wolf Camera, they had a bunch to give me.......

      Wow, Janna!
      Where did they FIND 1500 film canisters to use?! You can't really get those anymore. Who uses film these days?
      BTW, a big congrats to you and tfbrown (did I miss anyone else?) on your E.T. Highway finish!!!!!!!!!

      Esther/BGTx
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011

        bring as many as you can......the wild horses and the cows step on those little rock piles and the cannisters blow away or get broken.

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011
          Yep, we replaced about 10 the first go round . . . and there was a set of cachers a day ahead of us that had also replaced a batch.

          Russ the Waterweasel

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011
            Been there, done that ... elogged 'em all uniquely.

            BarbJ =nyah nyah.. we're doing WHAT AGAIN!?!?!?! I'm doing WHAT ... AGAIN?!?!?= Tygress

            we have a BIG BAG of 35mm containers that CostCo gave to Waterweasel.
            I'm sure we'll think of something to do with them.

            BarbJ =I bet they're an increasingly rare commodity, though= Tygress

            I just got finished finding 1500 film cannisters in Nevada.  I thought it was pretty cool!  :-)  :-)  :-)

            There is NOTHING charming or creative about a 35mm container. It is just lazy.

            > I think it's just percentiles, MatthewMore hides out there, fewer of 'em will be creative. And we also lose some our our "charmed" -- a certain hide that's clever the first time or two is ho-hum after a while.That's my theory... BarbJ/Tygress

            AwesomePennyStocks.com
          • Jana Iannello
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011

              bring xtra logs too..........lots of drama with the logsheets!

            Message 6 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011
              Where do you think they got the winking v-for victory alien?

              BarbJ = yup, we know the drill = Tygress

              Message 7 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011
                Though not as much drama as if we find stickers or those damn little cut out tags -- geoconfetti BAH!

                BarbJ = certain logging habits on multi-hundred 1000+ speed runs are ANNOYING to those who follow = Tygress