Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Face-off at GC2C4GZ

  • Victor Engel
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
      Skunks dislike their smell just like anyone else does, so if they can avoid it, they don't raise a stink. If I came face to face with a skunk, I'd be more worried about rabies than getting sprayed.

      Victor

      On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:09 AM, gumbietygress@... <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

      LOL... good shot, Lee... glad your model didn't raise a stink!

      BarbJ/Tygress

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lee D" <ldedear@...> wrote:

        > While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation
        > with a potentially undesirable character. My online log
        > <http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=ff28d97d-8bb6-4f4b-ab05-a0\
        > 72534aa3a2> has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up
        > as my photo of the day on my 365project page
        > <http://365project.org/ldedear/365> .

        That photo is awesome!!

        -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

        P.S. Thanks for the reference to the 365 Project!
        I think I'll do that myself in 2012
      • Lisa Campbell
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
          Fantastic photo, Lee! Fun to see that it was on one of my hides, too. I agree with Esther that you should submit it to FTF Geocacher. Thanks for sharing with us.

          Lisa
          BackroadsGal

          --
          ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2
          512-789-1469
          <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

          Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
          AwesomePennyStocks.com

        • Lee D
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
            I sent it to FTF Geocacher this afternoon. I was glad to finally have something interesting to contribute to the magazine. I took several other photos along that trail yesterday, and even though the skunk was my choice for "photo of the day", my wife insisted that I post several and ask for comments on which one is the best. They are at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150262663699892.338903.761379891&l=aa6c9f552c&type=1.  The skunk is winning.

            --Lee
            "Suchmann"

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Campbell <lisaleecampbell@...> wrote:

            > Fantastic photo, Lee! Fun to see that it was on one of my hides, too. I agree with Esther that you should submit it to FTF Geocacher. Thanks for sharing with us.
            >
            > Lisa
            > BackroadsGal

          • Matt Wilson
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2011

              I can’t believe how great the picture is!  How awesome it is that you could snap that & share it with us.

              Thanks!

              Matt / Kemis