Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Face-off at GC2C4GZ

  • Bill Ellis
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
      Yikes!!!  Great Photo!!  Glad it was face to face and not the business end.  Either way probably way to close for my comfort.  Glad the result was simply a great story and A great photo.

      Bill / ZionZR2

      On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Esther Lopez <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

      Wow!
      All I can say is this will most likely be the picture I nominate for the "2011 Best Photo" contest!!!
      Glad all turned out well and you need to send this one in to FTF Geocacher magazine!
      Esther/BGTx

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
        LOL... good shot, Lee... glad your model didn't raise a stink!

        BarbJ/Tygress

        --
        ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
        Bill
        a.k.a ZionZR2
        512-789-1469
        <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

        Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
        AwesomePennyStocks.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
          Real good picture, Lee!

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
            Lee..

            What a shot!  When I saw the picture, I gasped, snickered, and then thought (with a "whew*) -- wow -- great photo.  I am copying my friend Alex Suarez, who is a professional photographer, and this reminded me of some of his awesome animal shots.  Just thought he would enjoy it as well!

            Greg Jewett
            Geocaching Handle:  GeoJewett
            (512) 308-6214       greg (at) ejewett.com

            On Aug 1, 2011, at 22:04 , Lee D wrote:

            While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation with a potentially undesirable character. My online log  has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up as my photo of the day on my 365project page.

            --Lee
            "Suchmann"

          • Victor Engel
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
              Skunks dislike their smell just like anyone else does, so if they can avoid it, they don't raise a stink. If I came face to face with a skunk, I'd be more worried about rabies than getting sprayed.

              Victor

              On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:09 AM, gumbietygress@... <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

              LOL... good shot, Lee... glad your model didn't raise a stink!

              BarbJ/Tygress

              While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation with a potentially undesirable character. My online log  has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up as my photo of the day on my 365project page.

              --Lee
              "Suchmann"

              --
              ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
              Bill
              a.k.a ZionZR2
              512-789-1469
              <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

              Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
              AwesomePennyStocks.com

            • Indigo Parrish
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lee D" <ldedear@...> wrote:

                > While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation
                > with a potentially undesirable character. My online log
                > <http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=ff28d97d-8bb6-4f4b-ab05-a0\
                > 72534aa3a2> has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up
                > as my photo of the day on my 365project page
                > <http://365project.org/ldedear/365> .

                That photo is awesome!!

                -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

                P.S. Thanks for the reference to the 365 Project!
                I think I'll do that myself in 2012
              • Lisa Campbell
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                  Fantastic photo, Lee! Fun to see that it was on one of my hides, too. I agree with Esther that you should submit it to FTF Geocacher. Thanks for sharing with us.

                  Lisa
                  BackroadsGal

                  LOL... good shot, Lee... glad your model didn't raise a stink!

                  BarbJ/Tygress

                  While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation with a potentially undesirable character. My online log  has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up as my photo of the day on my 365project page.

                  --Lee
                  "Suchmann"

                  --
                  ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                  Bill
                  a.k.a ZionZR2
                  512-789-1469
                  <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                  Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
                  AwesomePennyStocks.com

                • Lee D
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                    I sent it to FTF Geocacher this afternoon. I was glad to finally have something interesting to contribute to the magazine. I took several other photos along that trail yesterday, and even though the skunk was my choice for "photo of the day", my wife insisted that I post several and ask for comments on which one is the best. They are at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150262663699892.338903.761379891&l=aa6c9f552c&type=1.  The skunk is winning.

                    --Lee
                    "Suchmann"

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Campbell <lisaleecampbell@...> wrote:

                    > Fantastic photo, Lee! Fun to see that it was on one of my hides, too. I agree with Esther that you should submit it to FTF Geocacher. Thanks for sharing with us.
                    >
                    > Lisa
                    > BackroadsGal

                  • Matt Wilson
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 3, 2011

                      I can’t believe how great the picture is!  How awesome it is that you could snap that & share it with us.

                      Thanks!

                      Matt / Kemis