Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Face-off at GC2C4GZ

  • Esther Lopez
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
      Wow!
      All I can say is this will most likely be the picture I nominate for the "2011 Best Photo" contest!!!
      Glad all turned out well and you need to send this one in to FTF Geocacher magazine!
      Esther/BGTx

      While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation with a potentially undesirable character. My online log  has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up as my photo of the day on my 365project page.

      --Lee
      "Suchmann"

    • Bill Ellis

        --
        ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
        Bill
        a.k.a ZionZR2
        512-789-1469
        <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
          LOL... good shot, Lee... glad your model didn't raise a stink!

          BarbJ/Tygress

          While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation with a potentially undesirable character. My online log  has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up as my photo of the day on my 365project page.

          --Lee
          "Suchmann"

          --
          ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2
          512-789-1469
          <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

          Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
          AwesomePennyStocks.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
            Real good picture, Lee!

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
              Lee..

              What a shot!  When I saw the picture, I gasped, snickered, and then thought (with a "whew*) -- wow -- great photo.  I am copying my friend Alex Suarez, who is a professional photographer, and this reminded me of some of his awesome animal shots.  Just thought he would enjoy it as well!

              Greg Jewett
              Geocaching Handle:  GeoJewett
              (512) 308-6214       greg (at) ejewett.com

              On Aug 1, 2011, at 22:04 , Lee D wrote:

              While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation with a potentially undesirable character. My online log  has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up as my photo of the day on my 365project page.

              --Lee
              "Suchmann"

            • Victor Engel
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                Skunks dislike their smell just like anyone else does, so if they can avoid it, they don't raise a stink. If I came face to face with a skunk, I'd be more worried about rabies than getting sprayed.

                Victor

                On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:09 AM, gumbietygress@... <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

                LOL... good shot, Lee... glad your model didn't raise a stink!

                BarbJ/Tygress

                While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation with a potentially undesirable character. My online log  has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up as my photo of the day on my 365project page.

                --Lee
                "Suchmann"

                --
                ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                Bill
                a.k.a ZionZR2
                512-789-1469
                <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
                AwesomePennyStocks.com

              • Indigo Parrish
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lee D" <ldedear@...> wrote:

                  > While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation
                  > with a potentially undesirable character. My online log
                  > <http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=ff28d97d-8bb6-4f4b-ab05-a0\
                  > 72534aa3a2> has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up
                  > as my photo of the day on my 365project page
                  > <http://365project.org/ldedear/365> .

                  That photo is awesome!!

                  -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

                  P.S. Thanks for the reference to the 365 Project!
                  I think I'll do that myself in 2012
                • Lisa Campbell
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                    Fantastic photo, Lee! Fun to see that it was on one of my hides, too. I agree with Esther that you should submit it to FTF Geocacher. Thanks for sharing with us.

                    Lisa
                    BackroadsGal

                    LOL... good shot, Lee... glad your model didn't raise a stink!

                    BarbJ/Tygress

                    While signing the log at Oakbrook Trail Hide #1, I had a confrontation with a potentially undesirable character. My online log  has a photo attached. All ended well, and this may end up as my photo of the day on my 365project page.

                    --Lee
                    "Suchmann"

                    --
                    ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                    Bill
                    a.k.a ZionZR2
                    512-789-1469
                    <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                    Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
                    AwesomePennyStocks.com

                  • Lee D
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                      I sent it to FTF Geocacher this afternoon. I was glad to finally have something interesting to contribute to the magazine. I took several other photos along that trail yesterday, and even though the skunk was my choice for "photo of the day", my wife insisted that I post several and ask for comments on which one is the best. They are at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150262663699892.338903.761379891&l=aa6c9f552c&type=1.  The skunk is winning.

                      --Lee
                      "Suchmann"

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Campbell <lisaleecampbell@...> wrote:

                      > Fantastic photo, Lee! Fun to see that it was on one of my hides, too. I agree with Esther that you should submit it to FTF Geocacher. Thanks for sharing with us.
                      >
                      > Lisa
                      > BackroadsGal

                    • Matt Wilson
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 3, 2011

                        I can’t believe how great the picture is!  How awesome it is that you could snap that & share it with us.

                        Thanks!

                        Matt / Kemis