RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] RE: Garmin Update E-mail Announcements

  • Matt Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011

      Well, dang.  –Matt / Kemis

      From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jay Bingham
      Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:53 PM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] RE: Garmin Update E-mail Announcements

      Matt,

      I don’t know if this will make you feel any better or not, but I did find my device on the list and sent the email only to receive a message from the postmaster at Verizon.net saying:

      Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

        Recipient address: gpsmap60cs-updates-subscribe@...

        Reason: Illegal host/domain name found

      So it appears that Garmin has shut down the service without updating the web page. Probably another case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

      +-+ Jay - BingOGT