Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Action on preserving the GPS signal

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 27, 2011
      Here's what I filed:

      "I consider it very important, both from a professional and a personal point of view, that permission to operate the LightSquared system not be granted until it is conclusively proven that there will be no significant signal interference with the GPS system. Professionally, I am a Civil Engineer Engineering Geologist and often use a hand held GPS in the field to locate borings, structures, etc. Accuracy is important for this! On a personal level, I am one of about a million geocachers in the US that will be affected if LightSquared is allowed to significantly degrade GPS reception."

      Russ the Waterweasel