Zach interviewed on KXAN

  • Dirk
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
    • Greg Jewett
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
        Way to go Zach!  Wahooo!   Awesome news about your scooter as well!  Everything is coming together for you!

        Greg Jewett
        Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
        (512) 308-6214       greg (at) ejewett.com

        On Jul 3, 2011, at 22:03 , Dirk wrote:

        Crazy how fast he has recovered!

        http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/hiker-recovers-after-boulder-crushes-chest?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

      • John Baker
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
          Awesome Zach! Determination...it works!

          So, when is the Event to celebrate his super fast recovery?

          John/thenkengrene

          On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Greg Jewett <greg@...> wrote:

          Way to go Zach!  Wahooo!   Awesome news about your scooter as well!  Everything is coming together for you!

          Greg Jewett
          Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
          (512) 308-6214       greg (at) ejewett.com

          On Jul 3, 2011, at 22:03 , Dirk wrote:

          Crazy how fast he has recovered!

          http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/hiker-recovers-after-boulder-crushes-chest?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

        • Doc
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
            So glad to hear his scooter was right where he left it.  And after all this time!

            Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
            aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)
            aka Barry, Son of Watt (Renaissance)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011

              It is heart warming to see that his scooter and all his stuff were left undisturbed for all this time. There are more good people in this world than we sometimes think there are, but we knew that there were ‘cause we know geocachers.

              +-+ Jay - BingOGT

              • shawnolsen@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
                  What a great story on so many levels!

                  Hope to see you out caching soon Zach!!!

                  Shawn/S6sputnik

                • Matt Wilson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011

                    I’m also very happy that Zach is all right.  I’ve been curious all along about the full story.  That latest news article let me know a bit more with it bouncing off him and him walking another 30’ or so, but what exactly happened?  How big was this boulder, etc?  It may be none of my business, but I am a bit curious.

                    Also, how many cachers went looking for his scooter?  Does anyone else see the irony with all the “DNFs” on his scooter?  ;-)

                    Finally, is Zach a member of this group?

                    Matt / Kemis