Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Cache-A-Day Streak - #100!

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
      I am going on a "find streak" as well.
      I'm at 37 consecutive days so far...
      Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
      aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)
      aka Barry, Son of Watt (Renaissance)

      --- On Sun, 7/3/11, Matt Wilson <matt@...> wrote:

      From: Matt Wilson <matt@...>
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Cache-A-Day Streak - #100!
      To: "CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com" <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 3:26 PM

      Woo hoo!  I finally hit #100 yesterday for number of days in a row with at least one find.  I haven’t logged it yet, but it was pjbrent’s “P is for …..” which, coincidentally, happened to be on County Road 100!  I can now go log the Challenge Cache in San Antonio (unless there’s one closer?)

      Prior to this, my longest streak was 29.  I’m certain the recent drought has contributed to my success.  I’m trying to at least match my brother, heftydude, who finally stopped (intentionally, if I recall) after 150.

      What’s everyone else’s longest streak?  I’m sure plenty of you must have an impressive figure?  Anyone currently on a streak you’d like to share?

      Happy caching!

      Matt / Kemis

    • Matt Wilson
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011

        Excellent, Barry!

        I think that was the make-it-or-break-it point for me.  Around that point it just got easier and easier, but then it got annoying around 90 where I wanted to “quit” but I couldn’t do it!  Just… one… more… day…  I’m past that again and it’s back to normal with it being a part of my daily routine.  It’s difficult sometimes, though, planning around the Mrs. who tends to be annoyed by it all.  ;-)

        Russ:  Thanks for the congrats!

        Matt / Kemis

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
          I am pretty sure our streak is 3 days.
          emmy-n-sapphie
          (MB & Pat)

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
            BTW - congrats on the streak Matt!

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
              The new statistics page is fun...

              Find Rate 3.1595 caches/day
              Longest Streak 8 consecutive days with finds from 08/12/2009 to 08/19/2009
                                              (looks like a vacation to me!)
              Longest Slump 49 consecutive days without a find from 10/01/2005 to 11/19/2005
                                              (which show were we in?)
              Best Day 555 caches in one day on 10/16/2010
              Best Month 1178 caches in October of 2010
              Best Year 2595 caches in 2010

              ...gee, what happened last October? LOL!!! And, of course, I logged every day for a month and a half after that one.

              (and congrats on your streak, Matt -- clearly Waterweasel and I like to cache in bursts)

              BarbJ/Tygress