Cache-A-Day Streak - #100!

  • Matt Wilson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011

      Woo hoo!  I finally hit #100 yesterday for number of days in a row with at least one find.  I haven’t logged it yet, but it was pjbrent’s “P is for …..” which, coincidentally, happened to be on County Road 100!  I can now go log the Challenge Cache in San Antonio (unless there’s one closer?)

      Prior to this, my longest streak was 29.  I’m certain the recent drought has contributed to my success.  I’m trying to at least match my brother, heftydude, who finally stopped (intentionally, if I recall) after 150.

      What’s everyone else’s longest streak?  I’m sure plenty of you must have an impressive figure?  Anyone currently on a streak you’d like to share?

      Happy caching!

      Matt / Kemis

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
        Hi!

        First, congratulations on hitting 100 finds. Of all the milestones that I've done, that is one of the clearest.

        Second, in reference to days in a row caching, I know TreyB went for more than a year with at least one cache find a day.

        Me, something like 9 days . . . <G>

        Russ the waterweasel

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
          Whoops!

          Didn't read very well: so congratulations on 100 days with a find in a row!

          Russ the Waterweasel

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
            I am going on a "find streak" as well.
            I'm at 37 consecutive days so far...
            Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
            aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)
            aka Barry, Son of Watt (Renaissance)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011

              Excellent, Barry!

              I think that was the make-it-or-break-it point for me.  Around that point it just got easier and easier, but then it got annoying around 90 where I wanted to “quit” but I couldn’t do it!  Just… one… more… day…  I’m past that again and it’s back to normal with it being a part of my daily routine.  It’s difficult sometimes, though, planning around the Mrs. who tends to be annoyed by it all.  ;-)

              Russ:  Thanks for the congrats!

              Matt / Kemis

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
                I am pretty sure our streak is 3 days.
                emmy-n-sapphie
                (MB & Pat)

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
                  BTW - congrats on the streak Matt!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
                    The new statistics page is fun...

                    Find Rate 3.1595 caches/day
                    Longest Streak 8 consecutive days with finds from 08/12/2009 to 08/19/2009
                                                    (looks like a vacation to me!)
                    Longest Slump 49 consecutive days without a find from 10/01/2005 to 11/19/2005
                                                    (which show were we in?)
                    Best Day 555 caches in one day on 10/16/2010
                    Best Month 1178 caches in October of 2010
                    Best Year 2595 caches in 2010

                    ...gee, what happened last October? LOL!!! And, of course, I logged every day for a month and a half after that one.

                    (and congrats on your streak, Matt -- clearly Waterweasel and I like to cache in bursts)

                    BarbJ/Tygress