Re: Anyone know where to find one of these containers?

  • chanceencounteraustin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2011
      The originals were called Witz cases, although other companies make generic versions now. I picked up several of them in various colors at the Academy on Brodie Lane just a few days ago. I've had some of these out in the wild for more than five years with nary a leak.

      The color doesn't really matter to me, as I typically wrap them in Realtree Mossy Oak camo tape -- the type made for guns and bows, with peel-off paper backing. This is also available at Academy, on the bow hunting aisle.

      I also sometimes spray the Witz cases with Krylon Fusion spray paint, which is designed for use on plastics; it forms a chemical bond with the plastic and becomes bombproof. This is available in various camo colors at most of the larger Wal-Marts, and at Lowe's and Home Depot. Highly recommended!
    • dn_shults
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
        Got one today! Thanks! :D
        D+N.S
        Donald + Niki

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <sille777@...> wrote:

        > I have seen them at Academy Sports!
        >
        > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
        > Bill
        > a.k.a ZionZR2
        > 512-789-1469
        > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
        >
        > On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:07 PM, dn_shults <donald.shults@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > I looking for a container similar to these in austin
        > >
        > > http://shop.geocaching.com/default/cache-essentials/cache-containers/keep-it-clear-geocache-container.html
        > > The only ones I've been able to find are the ones that have first aid stuff
        > > inside. I'd like to not pay for all that other stuff... anybody know
        > > somebody who carries them?
        > > Walgreens had them last year for $2, but they don't this year...
        > >
        > > D+N.S
        > > Donald & Niki

      • dn_shults
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
          That's exactly how ours was too. The first aid one is slightly smaller and has a slightly different lid, but the difference seemed negligible. We ended up buying one of the more expensive ones anyway, because one came in a camo pattern, lol

          D+N.S
          Donald and Niki