Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] OT: Suggestions Please

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
      OMG, that was 2008!!! Where does the time go!?!?
      GC1DX4T
      Bouldin Mosaic Texas

      In the same vein, a more recent cache is
      GC2M68RSummertime Frogs Welcome You!

      BarbJ =lookin' it up= Tygress

      From: semperquestio <sqcaching@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, July 1, 2011, 8:59 AM

      We have a visitor her from Maine. He is about 20ish and we will be in the downtown area for a little bit Saturday. He is not new to Texas, but he has not really explored a lot of Austin. To kill a little time we wanted to show him a little of "weird" Austin.

      I got some things jotted down, but I thought I'd ask y'all for suggestions. I thought of some places where I have found caches, but a lot of those places (like the stacked rock sculptures) are gone now.

      We are going to lunch at Shady Grove and then head to the Bullock for a couple of hours before heading up north. We'll probably have a couple of hours before and an hour or so after lunch to kill.

      So, any suggestions?

      Thanks,
      SQ/HW

      Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
      AwesomePennyStocks.com
    • dn_shults
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
        Don't forget the cathedral of junk
        http://coord.info/GC11847

        D+N.S
        Donald and Niki

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@...> wrote:

        > We have a visitor her from Maine. He is about 20ish and we will be in the downtown area for a little bit Saturday. He is not new to Texas, but he has not really explored a lot of Austin. To kill a little time we wanted to show him a little of "weird" Austin.
        >
        > I got some things jotted down, but I thought I'd ask y'all for suggestions. I thought of some places where I have found caches, but a lot of those places (like the stacked rock sculptures) are gone now.
        >
        > We are going to lunch at Shady Grove and then head to the Bullock for a couple of hours before heading up north. We'll probably have a couple of hours before and an hour or so after lunch to kill.
        >
        > So, any suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > SQ/HW

      • semperquestio
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
          Thanks for all the suggestions. Some I had, some I've added. We'll see what sounds good to everyone.

          Thanks again! Have a great weekend everyone!
        • Mary Beth Booth
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2011
            Why wou anyone come from Maine to Austin in JULY?  I can see in January, but not July.  I can't wait to go the other diretion at the end of the month.
            Mary Beth
            (emmy-n-sapphie)