Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] OT: Suggestions Please

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
      I forget the name of the cache, but we grabbed it when we did the Groovy Bus Geocaching Tour.  There was all this cut glass and mirrors imbedded in the concrete around this culvert that ran under the road.  It was very cool!

      Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
      aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)
      aka Barry, Son of Watt (Renaissance)

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
        You've done the Austin Murals, so you know where all those are. That is so ubiquitously Austin -- the Spider House, Orange Creamsicle... just walking around Campus.
        Of course, you need to eat lunch from a Trailer ... the Crepe Ladies are down on the south side of the river, I don't know where Hudson's 'Cones' trailer is, but I've had their crunchy fried stuff (esp the avocado) and it's awesome!

        Seider Springs (below Seton) is interesting if it's doing its ebb and flow thing.
        Beat the heat -- go to Inner Space Caverns or Barton Springs.

        Helping?

        I could camp out in the Bullock all day myself.

        -B/Tygress

        We have a visitor her from Maine.  He is about 20ish and we will be in the downtown area for a little bit Saturday.  He is not new to Texas, but he has not really explored a lot of Austin. To kill a little time we wanted to show him a little of "weird" Austin.

        I got some things jotted down, but I thought I'd ask y'all for suggestions. I thought of some places where I have found caches, but a lot of those places (like the stacked rock sculptures) are gone now.

        We are going to lunch at Shady Grove and then head to the Bullock for a couple of hours before heading up north.  We'll probably have a couple of hours before and an hour or so after lunch to kill.

        So, any suggestions?

        Thanks,
        SQ/HW

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
        AwesomePennyStocks.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
          OMG, that was 2008!!! Where does the time go!?!?
          GC1DX4T
          Bouldin Mosaic Texas

          In the same vein, a more recent cache is
          GC2M68RSummertime Frogs Welcome You!

          BarbJ =lookin' it up= Tygress

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
            Don't forget the cathedral of junk
            http://coord.info/GC11847

            D+N.S
            Donald and Niki

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@...> wrote:

            > We have a visitor her from Maine. He is about 20ish and we will be in the downtown area for a little bit Saturday. He is not new to Texas, but he has not really explored a lot of Austin. To kill a little time we wanted to show him a little of "weird" Austin.
            >
            > I got some things jotted down, but I thought I'd ask y'all for suggestions. I thought of some places where I have found caches, but a lot of those places (like the stacked rock sculptures) are gone now.
            >
            > We are going to lunch at Shady Grove and then head to the Bullock for a couple of hours before heading up north. We'll probably have a couple of hours before and an hour or so after lunch to kill.
            >
            > So, any suggestions?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > SQ/HW

          • semperquestio
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
              Thanks for all the suggestions. Some I had, some I've added. We'll see what sounds good to everyone.

              Thanks again! Have a great weekend everyone!
            • Mary Beth Booth
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4, 2011
                Why wou anyone come from Maine to Austin in JULY?  I can see in January, but not July.  I can't wait to go the other diretion at the end of the month.
                Mary Beth
                (emmy-n-sapphie)