Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Anyone know where to find one of these containers?

  • Denise Vajdak
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2011
      It's strange, but at our Academy, you can get a clear red one with first aid supplies in it for $4.99.  You can get various colored ones clear or opaque for $5.99.  Go figure.

      Denise E. Vajdak  ><>  (aka NativTxn)
      http://denisevajdak.us

      If you hide it, they will come!

      On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Matt Wilson <matt@...> wrote:

      I’ve seen them at REI recently.

      Matt / Kemis

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2011
        The originals were called Witz cases, although other companies make generic versions now. I picked up several of them in various colors at the Academy on Brodie Lane just a few days ago. I've had some of these out in the wild for more than five years with nary a leak.

        The color doesn't really matter to me, as I typically wrap them in Realtree Mossy Oak camo tape -- the type made for guns and bows, with peel-off paper backing. This is also available at Academy, on the bow hunting aisle.

        I also sometimes spray the Witz cases with Krylon Fusion spray paint, which is designed for use on plastics; it forms a chemical bond with the plastic and becomes bombproof. This is available in various camo colors at most of the larger Wal-Marts, and at Lowe's and Home Depot. Highly recommended!
      • dn_shults
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
          Got one today! Thanks! :D
          D+N.S
          Donald + Niki

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <sille777@...> wrote:

          > I have seen them at Academy Sports!
          >
          > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          > Bill
          > a.k.a ZionZR2
          > 512-789-1469
          > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
          >
          > On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:07 PM, dn_shults <donald.shults@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I looking for a container similar to these in austin
          > >
          > > http://shop.geocaching.com/default/cache-essentials/cache-containers/keep-it-clear-geocache-container.html
          > > The only ones I've been able to find are the ones that have first aid stuff
          > > inside. I'd like to not pay for all that other stuff... anybody know
          > > somebody who carries them?
          > > Walgreens had them last year for $2, but they don't this year...
          > >
          > > D+N.S
          > > Donald & Niki

        • dn_shults
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
            That's exactly how ours was too. The first aid one is slightly smaller and has a slightly different lid, but the difference seemed negligible. We ended up buying one of the more expensive ones anyway, because one came in a camo pattern, lol

            D+N.S
            Donald and Niki