Anyone know where to find one of these containers?

  • dn_shults
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2011
      I looking for a container similar to these in austin
      http://shop.geocaching.com/default/cache-essentials/cache-containers/keep-it-clear-geocache-container.html
      The only ones I've been able to find are the ones that have first aid stuff inside. I'd like to not pay for all that other stuff... anybody know somebody who carries them?
      Walgreens had them last year for $2, but they don't this year...

      D+N.S
      Donald & Niki
    • Bill Ellis
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2011
        I have seen them at Academy Sports!

        ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
        Bill
        a.k.a ZionZR2
        512-789-1469
        <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 30, 2011
          Awesome! I checked their website and it acted like I was asking for drugs or something. :P

          D+N.S
          Donald shults

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <sille777@...> wrote:

          > I have seen them at Academy Sports!
          >
          > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          > Bill
          > a.k.a ZionZR2
          > 512-789-1469
          > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
          >
          > On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:07 PM, dn_shults <donald.shults@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I looking for a container similar to these in austin
          > >
          > > http://shop.geocaching.com/default/cache-essentials/cache-containers/keep-it-clear-geocache-container.html
          > > The only ones I've been able to find are the ones that have first aid stuff
          > > inside. I'd like to not pay for all that other stuff... anybody know
          > > somebody who carries them?
          > > Walgreens had them last year for $2, but they don't this year...
          > >
          > > D+N.S
          > > Donald & Niki

        • Matt Wilson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 30, 2011

            I’ve seen them at REI recently.

            Matt / Kemis

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2011
              It's strange, but at our Academy, you can get a clear red one with first aid supplies in it for $4.99.  You can get various colored ones clear or opaque for $5.99.  Go figure.

              Denise E. Vajdak  ><>  (aka NativTxn)
              http://denisevajdak.us

              If you hide it, they will come!

              On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Matt Wilson <matt@...> wrote:

              I’ve seen them at REI recently.

              Matt / Kemis

              I looking for a container similar to these in austin
              http://shop.geocaching.com/default/cache-essentials/cache-containers/keep-it-clear-geocache-container.html
              The only ones I've been able to find are the ones that have first aid stuff inside. I'd like to not pay for all that other stuff... anybody know somebody who carries them?
              Walgreens had them last year for $2, but they don't this year...

              D+N.S
              Donald & Niki

            • chanceencounteraustin
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2011
                The originals were called Witz cases, although other companies make generic versions now. I picked up several of them in various colors at the Academy on Brodie Lane just a few days ago. I've had some of these out in the wild for more than five years with nary a leak.

                The color doesn't really matter to me, as I typically wrap them in Realtree Mossy Oak camo tape -- the type made for guns and bows, with peel-off paper backing. This is also available at Academy, on the bow hunting aisle.

                I also sometimes spray the Witz cases with Krylon Fusion spray paint, which is designed for use on plastics; it forms a chemical bond with the plastic and becomes bombproof. This is available in various camo colors at most of the larger Wal-Marts, and at Lowe's and Home Depot. Highly recommended!
              • dn_shults
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
                  Got one today! Thanks! :D
                  D+N.S
                  Donald + Niki

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <sille777@...> wrote:

                  > I have seen them at Academy Sports!
                  >
                  > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                  > Bill
                  > a.k.a ZionZR2
                  > 512-789-1469
                  > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
                  >
                  > On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:07 PM, dn_shults <donald.shults@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > I looking for a container similar to these in austin
                  > >
                  > > http://shop.geocaching.com/default/cache-essentials/cache-containers/keep-it-clear-geocache-container.html
                  > > The only ones I've been able to find are the ones that have first aid stuff
                  > > inside. I'd like to not pay for all that other stuff... anybody know
                  > > somebody who carries them?
                  > > Walgreens had them last year for $2, but they don't this year...
                  > >
                  > > D+N.S
                  > > Donald & Niki

                • dn_shults
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
                    That's exactly how ours was too. The first aid one is slightly smaller and has a slightly different lid, but the difference seemed negligible. We ended up buying one of the more expensive ones anyway, because one came in a camo pattern, lol

                    D+N.S
                    Donald and Niki