RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: local earthcaching

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2011
      Wow, thanks for the plugs, Jay.

      Some earthcache OWNERS don't know any more about geology than ... and that doesn't stop them from making a game attempt!
      Anyway.

      NEVER be afraid of a Waterweasel or Tygress earth cache. We'll talk you through it if your test anxiety gets the better of you. Most of what we ask is observation -- and Waterweasel even let the group who didn't know limestone from chert on Nifty Nodules claim the find. I mean, they FLUNKED, but they get the smiley.

      WE write up earthcaches to bring you to a cool spot and get you to think about the natural world around you.

      As for local earthcaches that won't give you conniptions:
      I would also suggest Limestone Manifold GC17XNX and
      Father's Day Series 2008 #1 - Inner Space Caverns (GC1D6GF)

      both of which are easily solvable by answering questions by reading the signs at the site -- and you can cool off after!

      BarbJ/Tygress