Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Team GeoJewett passed 200...

  • Esther Lopez
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2011
      A huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! to Team GeoJewett!!!!!!!!

      Those are some mighty fine milestones everyone, it would be great to finally get to meet some of the newest CenTex geocachers this weekend at the WWFM8 flash mob event on 6/4/11.
      Hope to see you all there!!!!!

      Esther/BGTx

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2011
        Kids have a different perspective -- both in thinking and in height. They tend to be quick on the finds...

        Congratulations and continue to Enjoy!

        BarbJ/Tygress

[...]

        Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
        Join our 100% Free Newsletter & get Penny Stock Picks that jump high!
        thepennystockspro.com
      • Mrs. Captain Picard

          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 2, 2011
            Thanks everyone on the milestone congrats... We are sailing past the 100 mark just a few days into June and will probably do a 100 more before the end of the month.
            And no worried about thread hijacking... I thought the story about the family name was interesting...
            Jenn
            Los Komodos

            > Jernigan is a rare name. At least on the West Coast.And they're all related... somehow. And can usually suss it out. Anyway, weirder congruences have happened -- but I do mean the teacher/actor. Good luck bringing the old goodies back. Seriously. BarbJ/Tygress

          • Jenn
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 2, 2011
              Super cool! Congrats!

              Jenn
              Los Komodos

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <greg@...> wrote:

              > On the topic of milestones and progress..
              >
              > Team GeoJewett (Evan, Eron, myself and my wife) just passed 200 finds. I find a good portion of them, but both my boys are equipped with "eagle eyes" and easily spot many caches before I ask "Do we need to read the hint?" when they go out hunting with me. There favorites are the medium and larges ones, because they like to trade stuff.
              >
              > Thanks again to a great community and contributions to this great sport -- we are having a blast! :)
              >
              > Greg Jewett
              > Geocaching Handle: GeoJewett
              > (512) 308-6214 greg (at) ejewett.com
              > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree
              > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
              >

              > On May 31, 2011, at 14:14 , Jenn wrote:
              >
              > > My family and I just started this crazy hobby 2 months ago and we just found our 100th cache yesterday.
              > >
              > > Thanks to Doc Geo's class through Texas Parks and Wildlife I brought home something fun that the whole family loves. We've seen cool things, met nice people and I'm looking forward to finding the next 100.
              > >
              > > My three year old just asked me if we were going treasure hunting when her dad gets off work... You won't have to ask him twice.
              > >
              > > Jenn
              > > Los Komodos

            • dn_shults
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 2, 2011
                CONGRATS!
                100 in 2 months if FAST, in our book! Good work! We just hit 200 in about a year! :D
                Keep on caching!

                Donald & Niki
                (AKA D+N.S)
                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn" <love_curry@...> wrote:

                > My family and I just started this crazy hobby 2 months ago and we just found our 100th cache yesterday.
                >
                > Thanks to Doc Geo's class through Texas Parks and Wildlife I brought home something fun that the whole family loves. We've seen cool things, met nice people and I'm looking forward to finding the next 100.
                >
                > My three year old just asked me if we were going treasure hunting when her dad gets off work... You won't have to ask him twice.
                >
                > Jenn
                > Los Komodos

              • iphoneaddict_ipa
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 2, 2011
                  Congrats to you guys!! I just started last January and have been caught by the bug myself. So far it's been a fun ride but what has kept me going strong is the wonderful events the centex cachers have hosted!! It's so much fun to talk to the ones who hide those tricky caches and put a face on that evil genious!!

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn" <love_curry@...> wrote:

                  > My family and I just started this crazy hobby 2 months ago and we just found our 100th cache yesterday.
                  >
                  > Thanks to Doc Geo's class through Texas Parks and Wildlife I brought home something fun that the whole family loves. We've seen cool things, met nice people and I'm looking forward to finding the next 100.
                  >
                  > My three year old just asked me if we were going treasure hunting when her dad gets off work... You won't have to ask him twice.
                  >
                  > Jenn
                  > Los Komodos

                • Greg Jewett
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 3, 2011
                    Esther...

                    Wish we could make it.  Evan and I definitely want to make it to at least one event and then many more after that. Unfortunately, I am down in Port A, but having fun with my family and some friends.

                    We picked up a couple of your caches in Cuero, and I plan to pick a bunch in Port A tomorrow,  I need a break from the sand.

                    I will be going with the family in August to DC and drive up to NY, and you can bet that we will be picking up some caches then as well.   Then, later in October, I will be flying into Seattle, WA for a family wedding, and will visit the geocaching Mecca there.

                    GeoJewett will be out in spirit, while you'll party in Austin without us!
                    Greg Jewett

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 3, 2011
                      Greg,
                      Sorry to here that we will miss meeting you all this weekend, but as long as you are caching and having fun, that is all that matters. Wow, it sounds like you have some great caching adventures ahead of you. Be sure to keep us in CenTx posted!
                      BTW, keep looking for my "way out of the way" caches. I have a challenge planned that involves finding my hides. Do a query to see where they all are. More info on that soon!