Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Landmark: 100 caches found.

  • Bill Ellis
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2011
      Congrats!!  Thats Awesome!!!  I too started this adventure about 2 months ago with the XANN festivities. On Monday, I sailed passed the 300 mark!!

      Bill / ZionZR2

      On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Jenn <love_curry@...> wrote:

      My family and I just started this crazy hobby 2 months ago and we just found our 100th cache yesterday.

      Thanks to Doc Geo's class through Texas Parks and Wildlife I brought home something fun that the whole family loves. We've seen cool things, met nice people and I'm looking forward to finding the next 100.

      My three year old just asked me if we were going treasure hunting when her dad gets off work... You won't have to ask him twice.

      Jenn
      Los Komodos

      --
      ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
      Bill
      a.k.a ZionZR2
      512-789-1469
      <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2011
        Jernigan is a rare name. At least on the West Coast.
        And they're all related... somehow. And can usually suss it out. Anyway, weirder congruences have happened -- but I do mean the teacher/actor.

        Good luck bringing the old goodies back. Seriously.

        BarbJ/Tygress

        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2011
          On the topic of milestones and progress..

          Team GeoJewett (Evan, Eron, myself and my wife) just passed 200 finds.   I find a good portion of them, but both my boys are equipped with "eagle eyes" and easily spot many caches before I ask "Do we need to read the hint?"  when they go out hunting with me.   There favorites are the medium and larges ones, because they like to trade stuff.

          Thanks again to a great community and contributions to this great sport -- we are having a blast! :)

          Greg Jewett
          Geocaching Handle:  GeoJewett
          (512) 308-6214       greg (at) ejewett.com

          On May 31, 2011, at 14:14 , Jenn wrote:

          My family and I just started this crazy hobby 2 months ago and we just found our 100th cache  yesterday.

          Thanks to Doc Geo's class through Texas Parks and Wildlife I brought home something fun that the whole family loves.  We've seen cool things, met nice people and I'm looking forward to finding the next 100.

          My three year old just asked me if we were going treasure hunting when her dad gets off work...  You won't have to ask him twice.

          Jenn
          Los Komodos

        • Esther Lopez
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2011
            A huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! to Team GeoJewett!!!!!!!!

            Those are some mighty fine milestones everyone, it would be great to finally get to meet some of the newest CenTex geocachers this weekend at the WWFM8 flash mob event on 6/4/11.
            Hope to see you all there!!!!!

            Esther/BGTx

            http://www.geocaching.com/

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2011
              Kids have a different perspective -- both in thinking and in height. They tend to be quick on the finds...

              Congratulations and continue to Enjoy!

              BarbJ/Tygress

[...]

              Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
              Join our 100% Free Newsletter & get Penny Stock Picks that jump high!
              thepennystockspro.com
            • Mrs. Captain Picard

                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 2, 2011
                  Thanks everyone on the milestone congrats... We are sailing past the 100 mark just a few days into June and will probably do a 100 more before the end of the month.
                  And no worried about thread hijacking... I thought the story about the family name was interesting...
                  Jenn
                  Los Komodos

                  > Jernigan is a rare name. At least on the West Coast.And they're all related... somehow. And can usually suss it out. Anyway, weirder congruences have happened -- but I do mean the teacher/actor. Good luck bringing the old goodies back. Seriously. BarbJ/Tygress

                • Jenn
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 2, 2011
                    Super cool! Congrats!

                    Jenn
                    Los Komodos

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <greg@...> wrote:

                    > On the topic of milestones and progress..
                    >
                    > Team GeoJewett (Evan, Eron, myself and my wife) just passed 200 finds. I find a good portion of them, but both my boys are equipped with "eagle eyes" and easily spot many caches before I ask "Do we need to read the hint?" when they go out hunting with me. There favorites are the medium and larges ones, because they like to trade stuff.
                    >
                    > Thanks again to a great community and contributions to this great sport -- we are having a blast! :)
                    >
                    > Greg Jewett
                    > Geocaching Handle: GeoJewett
                    > (512) 308-6214 greg (at) ejewett.com
                    > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree
                    > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                    >

                    > On May 31, 2011, at 14:14 , Jenn wrote:
                    >
                    > > My family and I just started this crazy hobby 2 months ago and we just found our 100th cache yesterday.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks to Doc Geo's class through Texas Parks and Wildlife I brought home something fun that the whole family loves. We've seen cool things, met nice people and I'm looking forward to finding the next 100.
                    > >
                    > > My three year old just asked me if we were going treasure hunting when her dad gets off work... You won't have to ask him twice.
                    > >
                    > > Jenn
                    > > Los Komodos

                  • dn_shults
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 2, 2011
                      CONGRATS!
                      100 in 2 months if FAST, in our book! Good work! We just hit 200 in about a year! :D
                      Keep on caching!

                      Donald & Niki
                      (AKA D+N.S)
                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn" <love_curry@...> wrote:

                      > My family and I just started this crazy hobby 2 months ago and we just found our 100th cache yesterday.
                      >
                      > Thanks to Doc Geo's class through Texas Parks and Wildlife I brought home something fun that the whole family loves. We've seen cool things, met nice people and I'm looking forward to finding the next 100.
                      >
                      > My three year old just asked me if we were going treasure hunting when her dad gets off work... You won't have to ask him twice.
                      >
                      > Jenn
                      > Los Komodos

                    • iphoneaddict_ipa
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 2, 2011
                        Congrats to you guys!! I just started last January and have been caught by the bug myself. So far it's been a fun ride but what has kept me going strong is the wonderful events the centex cachers have hosted!! It's so much fun to talk to the ones who hide those tricky caches and put a face on that evil genious!!

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn" <love_curry@...> wrote:

                        > My family and I just started this crazy hobby 2 months ago and we just found our 100th cache yesterday.
                        >
                        > Thanks to Doc Geo's class through Texas Parks and Wildlife I brought home something fun that the whole family loves. We've seen cool things, met nice people and I'm looking forward to finding the next 100.
                        >
                        > My three year old just asked me if we were going treasure hunting when her dad gets off work... You won't have to ask him twice.
                        >
                        > Jenn
                        > Los Komodos

                      • Greg Jewett
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 3, 2011
                          Esther...

                          Wish we could make it.  Evan and I definitely want to make it to at least one event and then many more after that. Unfortunately, I am down in Port A, but having fun with my family and some friends.

                          We picked up a couple of your caches in Cuero, and I plan to pick a bunch in Port A tomorrow,  I need a break from the sand.

                          I will be going with the family in August to DC and drive up to NY, and you can bet that we will be picking up some caches then as well.   Then, later in October, I will be flying into Seattle, WA for a family wedding, and will visit the geocaching Mecca there.

                          GeoJewett will be out in spirit, while you'll party in Austin without us!
                          Greg Jewett

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 3, 2011
                            Greg,
                            Sorry to here that we will miss meeting you all this weekend, but as long as you are caching and having fun, that is all that matters. Wow, it sounds like you have some great caching adventures ahead of you. Be sure to keep us in CenTx posted!
                            BTW, keep looking for my "way out of the way" caches. I have a challenge planned that involves finding my hides. Do a query to see where they all are. More info on that soon!