Re: Geocacher Hurt on the Greenbelt today

  • Dirk
    Message 1 of 40 , May 28, 2011
      Hope the event went well! I heard it was fun! Had to work late :( and I don't think Tamara was able to go either. Thanks to whoever picked up the money for me and donated it! Y'all rounded up $350! That's amazing!

      I heard tz's spleen had to be removed and the surgery to put a plate in his chest so they can rebuild this ribs was a success. Next hurdle is getting the breathing tube out and him breathing on his own.

      Thanks to everybody donating. I barely know them just like everybody else but it's so awesome to be able to help someone in such dire need.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mary Beth Booth <emmy_n_sapphie@...> wrote:

      > Hi Dirk,
      >
      >  Were you thinking about just everyone getting together and then having a collection jar available or something more formal like a dinner or silent auction? If it's the former, then an event like that is the easiest type of cache. Pick a place, submit the hide and show up at the appointed place and time with collection jar in hand. Usually if you pick a place where people can just order and pay at the counter instead of a sit-down place with waitstaff, it's much less complicated. Events are also held at lot at city parks as pot-lucks, but the city now charges for use of park facilities for groups. GC requires at least 2 weeks notice for events.
      >
      > If you are talking fund-raising dinner or silent auction, then that will be a lot more involved. Whoever is in charge will probably have to have a committee of folks to rustle up donations. The person in charge will have to have a lot of free time to organize a major undertaking like that. Again, GC requires at least 2 weeks notice. I tried to get an event in 12 days ahead and was shot down even though the reason I couldn't submit it on time was because I was stuck in Maine in a blizzard with no electricity/Internet access for 2 days. Prime approver said "Sorry, but NO".
      >
      > Mary Beth
      > (emmy-n-sapphie)

    • Dirk
      Message 40 of 40 , May 28, 2011