Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] GPS Adventure

    Message 1 of 9 , May 5, 2011
      Russ and I (and several other folks who were on their way to =sniff= GeoWoodstock) visited the GPS Adventure Maze in Redding, CA. It was entertaining. A decent intro to geocaching -- and a couple cute hides as well. Nice swag. We enjoyed it. One BIG puzzle cache (you had to solve several caches to log the Maze).

      BarbJ/Tygress

      (here's the log ... sorry, the meter is a little rough, that happens when I'm logging a LOT of caches at once)

      June 26, 2010 by Tygress (6992 found)

      Now this was a major bonus -- we're in Redding anyway
      But to have our good friend Signal right here at Turtle Bay?
      See, I remember when this spot was river muck
      And now it is a showcase -- with the MAZE! -- oh cacher luck!
      So we skipped and laughed, and mapsourced a little, too
      The staff were some bemused by our caching crew.
      We thoroughly enjoyed this spiral puzzle seek
      And a couple of those hides made the little grey cells creak!
      Dropped some cash on coins, and other geoStuff
      Then off to explore the park (no, the Maze ain't quite enough)
      But, howdy-hi, there Signal! Thanks for a geoTreat
      Family obligations AND a geoChallenge -- sweet!

      Even dropped some swag (the staff enjoyed our sig wooden nickles). Now to scope out the Sundial Bridge and the rest of the Turtle Bay stuff... and pick up more caches! The evening may belong to family, but the morning is OURS. Fun!!!!

      [And Funner still to see Names We Know in the logs... we cachers get around!]

      Thanks for the FUN, Signal!

      Tygress & Waterweasel, getting an absolute hoot out of the Adventure Maze. [Even if its coords were off ... chuckle]