RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Graphics on Cache Page?

  • Jay Bingham
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2011

      HTML is not necessary, but it can be used. To learn more about what HTML works at geocachin.com go to this website:

      Geocache-HTML Primer

      Remember that when you include HTML you must check the box at the top or the description section, and that doing so turns it on for all three description sections.

      +-+ Jay - BingOGT

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2011
        So, once I know who the FTF is and I verify it, you edit the cache description:
        You can upload images I you want, but you can get just as clever with some HTML.

        <h2><font color="#f00">Congrats to so and so for the FTF!</font></h2>
        That makes it big and red text.

        Make sure to check the box that says  that the descriptions contain HTML.
        If you had several paragraphs in your descriptions, they will not get squished together.  You may need to add a couple of <br><br> in between paragraphs.
        In you run into problems, or want something more fancy, let me know. I am web developer by day, geocacher anytime I get a chance!  :-))

        Greg Jewett
        Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
        (512) 308-6214       greg (at) ejewett.com

        On May 1, 2011, at 16:20, John Baker <thenkengrene@...> wrote:

        If you are referring to what I think...we add the text at the bottom of the cache description. Just edit the cache page.

        John/thenkengrene

        On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 4:07 PM, lostintx <siconn27@...> wrote:

        Hey everyone! I was wondering how people get those graphics such as the "Congrats to SoandSo on FTF" on their cache page? Is there a HTML generator out there? What do ya'll use?

        Thanks!
        Sam/LostinTx29

      • lostintx
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2011
          Thanks Greg! That is exactly what I was looking for! I have actually just finished my core classes and am about to transfer to Texas A&M to get a degree in web development/networking. I might have some more questions for you! And for all of you who read this post please don't turn it into a A&M vs Longhorn fight. The military pays for my school and I am over the college rivalry...:)