Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anybody got a sticker and/or spare tr acking number?

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2011
      Whadda guy, that Trey.
      =g=
      BarbJ/Tygress

      ---------- Original Message ----------
      From: "Melanie" <acclanmangroups@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anybody got a sticker and/or spare tracking number?
      Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:10:42 -0000

      TreyB made the real sacrifice.  He'll have to wait a bit before having one to put on his FJ now.

      Melanie
      (ACCLanMan)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@...> wrote:

      > OK.  So it's generally bad form to reply to your own posts and I'm doing it twice.  Well, what can I say?  Many of you know me and that pretty much explains it.  :D
      >
      > So thanks to ACCLanMan's generosity, we now have a piano travel bug:
      >
      > http://coord.info/TB3GYPM
      >
      > Yeah, the pics are kinda lame, but it was my phone, in shade, and I forgot a decent camera.  Again, think of who you're dealing with here.  ;)
      >

      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@> wrote:
      > >
      > > ACCLanMan to the rescue!
      > >
      > > A TB sticker, some sealer, and there will be a traveling art installation/piano travel bug activated tomorrow!
      > >
      > > Thanks Melanie!
      > >
      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > There is an art installation downtown of pianos.  Maybe you've seen them or heard about it.  Some info can be found at http://www.streetpianos.com/austin2011
      > > >
      > > > So what does this have to do with caching and stickers?
      > > >
      > > > Well, the pianos are there for people to play and decorate until May 1st and one of them is sitting right THERE at my Drake Bridge cache http://coord.info/GCT86D
      > > >
      > > > I wish I had thought of it sooner, but I just had a thought that since it was SO close, it'd be pretty cool to put a caching sticker on it and, if possible, add a TB or GC tracking number to it then cachers could discover it on the future travels of this piano.
      > > >
      > > > Can anyone help me out by getting either or both of these to me or get them on the piano before it leaves Sunday?  I may have to look through my geocoins and see if there is one I can Gorilla Glue to it!  :)
      > > >
      > > > If you can help, please ping me offline.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > > SQ

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

      Groupon™ Official Site
      Groupon.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2011
        Well, heck, Howard, what you do is a laminated picture of the coin and seal THAT to it.... geez. NO imagination.

        =WINK!=

        BarbJ - have number, will make trackable - Tygress

        Well, shoot, Trey.  If I'd know THAT I would just Gorilla Glued one of the geocoins outta my collection on the thing!

        Thanks for takin the hit for me.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2011
          Oh, but it would be SOOO COOOL!
          (or not....)

          BarbJ - but what if the tracking number is on the UGLY side - tygress

          I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you just Gorilla Glued one of your Geocoins to his FJ instead.  That way the FJ would be trackable AND you'd get to see it every once in a while. :D

          I am so kidding about that...

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@...> wrote:

          > Well, shoot, Trey.  If I'd know THAT I would just Gorilla Glued one of the geocoins outta my collection on the thing!
          >
          > Thanks for takin the hit for me.
          >

          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Melanie" <acclanmangroups@> wrote:
          > >
          > > TreyB made the real sacrifice.  He'll have to wait a bit before having one to put on his FJ now.
          > >
          > > Melanie
          > > (ACCLanMan)
          > >
          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > OK.  So it's generally bad form to reply to your own posts and I'm doing it twice.  Well, what can I say?  Many of you know me and that pretty much explains it.  :D
          > > >
          > > > So thanks to ACCLanMan's generosity, we now have a piano travel bug:
          > > >
          > > > http://coord.info/TB3GYPM
          > > >
          > > > Yeah, the pics are kinda lame, but it was my phone, in shade, and I forgot a decent camera.  Again, think of who you're dealing with here.  ;)

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)