Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A quick hello and introduction...

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5 1:09 PM
      =smile=
      Welcome to the addiction... keep an eye out and come to an event! You'll find we're not too terribly scary in person, and you can make some wonderful (and helpful!) contacts!

      BarbJ (aka "Tygress")

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5 1:57 PM
        Hi!

        Welcome to our obsses . . .uh,sport, Jenn!

        Russ known as Waterweasel

        I just joined and thought I'd say a quick hello. I just started hunting over the weekend after taking a class at a TPWD event. The family and I borrowed a GPSr and now I'm afraid we are going to have to go out and buy one because we had so much fun.

        Jenn

      • Bill Ellis
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5 4:40 PM
          From one newbie to another!!  Welcome.  I have about 2 weeks under my belt now.  Having a blast even if I don't happen to find all I seek out.

          My first cache that I placed just published Sunday night. Looking forward to placing more. Happy Caching

          Bill / ZionZR2

          On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Jenn <love_curry@...> wrote:

          I just joined and thought I'd say a quick hello. I just started hunting over the weekend after taking a class at a TPWD event. The family and I borrowed a GPSr and now I'm afraid we are going to have to go out and buy one because we had so much fun.

          Jenn

        • Doc
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5 5:34 PM
            It's good to see you here Jenn!  Everyone, please welcome one of the students from the class I taught during the anniversary event of the 1st Ever Event.  Teaching the class renewed my interest in geocaching and have been back out on the hunt recently.  Now I am going to start doing the out-of-work MCP shuffle and use lots of gas!

            Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
            aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)
            aka Barry, Son of Watt (Renaissance)

            I just joined and thought I'd say a quick hello. I just started hunting over the weekend after taking a class at a TPWD event. The family and I borrowed a GPSr and now I'm afraid we are going to have to go out and buy one because we had so much fun.

            Jenn

          • Dana Simmang
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5 5:51 PM
              Welcome!  It can be quite addictive!  Feel free to post questions you might have along the way.

              Dana / aggiemd91

              On 4/5/11 1:18 PM, Jenn wrote:

              I just joined and thought I'd say a quick hello. I just started hunting over the weekend after taking a class at a TPWD event. The family and I borrowed a GPSr and now I'm afraid we are going to have to go out and buy one because we had so much fun.

              Jenn

            • Jay Bingham
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5 6:18 PM

                Welcome Jenn, I have been doing this for a couple of years now and some times I still feel like a newbie, so don’t let that hold you back. Warning it can be quite addictive.

                When you start to dream about it you are hooked.

                Oh one other thing, since you are new what we usually do on this mailing list is include are caching name in our signature, that way we can connect you to the cache logs that we see you have signed. (Sorry, MCP for stealing your thunder).

                +-+ Jay - BingOGT
                |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                I just joined and thought I'd say a quick hello. I just started hunting over the weekend after taking a class at a TPWD event. The family and I borrowed a GPSr and now I'm afraid we are going to have to go out and buy one because we had so much fun.

                Jenn

              • Dave Marquardt
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 6 3:50 AM
                  Welcome Jenn!

                  On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Jenn <love_curry@...> wrote:

                  I just joined and thought I'd say a quick hello. I just started hunting over the weekend after taking a class at a TPWD event. The family and I borrowed a GPSr and now I'm afraid we are going to have to go out and buy one because we had so much fun.

                  Jenn

                • electric_water_boy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 6 5:33 AM
                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <sille777@...> wrote:

                    > From one newbie to another!! Welcome. I have about 2 weeks under my belt
                    > now. Having a blast even if I don't happen to find all I seek out.

                    You may not always get the smilie, but that doesn't have to keep you from having a great time trying. I've had some pretty memorable DNFs.
                    Tom
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 6 7:25 AM
                      Some of my best rhymes are for DNFs. Still HATES them, Precious... =smile=

                      BarbJ =nobody's DNF proof= Tygress

                      > now.  Having a blast even if I don't happen to find all I seek out.

                      You may not always get the smilie, but that doesn't have to keep you from having a great time trying.  I've had some pretty memorable DNFs.
                      Tom

                      <*> Your email settings:
                         Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                         (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:

                    • Jenn
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 6 11:55 AM
                        Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

                        My name at geocaching.com is KfamilyKomodos for those interested.

                        I am amazed at the number of caches that are practically in my backyard. We have also been looking into letterboxing. We live in San Marcos... Anyone have any suggestions for some good ones in the area? Especially kid friendly ones?

                        Jenn
                        KfamilyKomodos

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn" <love_curry@...> wrote:

                        > I just joined and thought I'd say a quick hello. I just started hunting over the weekend after taking a class at a TPWD event. The family and I borrowed a GPSr and now I'm afraid we are going to have to go out and buy one because we had so much fun.
                        >
                        > Jenn

                      • angelikafuller
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 7 3:37 AM
                          Hello! I live in San Marcos too. I think some really nice kid-friendly ones are in the greenspaces. Ringtail Ridge, Schulle Canyon, and Prospect Park are good ones; the hikes aren't too long and the hides aren't too difficult. You can read more about them here: http://www.smgreenbelt.org/SMNaturalAreas.htm

                          -Bicycle_Junkie
                          Angelika

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn" <love_curry@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
                          >
                          > My name at geocaching.com is KfamilyKomodos for those interested.
                          >
                          > I am amazed at the number of caches that are practically in my backyard. We have also been looking into letterboxing. We live in San Marcos... Anyone have any suggestions for some good ones in the area? Especially kid friendly ones?
                          >
                          > Jenn
                          > KfamilyKomodos
                          >
                          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn" <love_curry@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I just joined and thought I'd say a quick hello. I just started hunting over the weekend after taking a class at a TPWD event. The family and I borrowed a GPSr and now I'm afraid we are going to have to go out and buy one because we had so much fun.
                          > >
                          > > Jenn

                        • Jenn
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 8 11:17 AM
                            Our second cache was one at Ringtail Ridge...We also found one at the Nature Center. I love the greem belt areas here. I'll look into the others.

                            Thanks,
                            Jenn
                            KfamilyKomodos

                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "angelikafuller" <puffskein@...> wrote:

                            > Hello! I live in San Marcos too. I think some really nice kid-friendly ones are in the greenspaces. Ringtail Ridge, Schulle Canyon, and Prospect Park are good ones; the hikes aren't too long and the hides aren't too difficult. You can read more about them here: http://www.smgreenbelt.org/SMNaturalAreas.htm
                            >
                            > -Bicycle_Junkie
                            > Angelika
                            >
                            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn" <love_curry@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
                            > >
                            > > My name at geocaching.com is KfamilyKomodos for those interested.
                            > >
                            > > I am amazed at the number of caches that are practically in my backyard. We have also been looking into letterboxing. We live in San Marcos... Anyone have any suggestions for some good ones in the area? Especially kid friendly ones?
                            > >
                            > > Jenn
                            > > KfamilyKomodos
                            > >
                            > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn" <love_curry@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > I just joined and thought I'd say a quick hello. I just started hunting over the weekend after taking a class at a TPWD event. The family and I borrowed a GPSr and now I'm afraid we are going to have to go out and buy one because we had so much fun.
                            > > >
                            > > > Jenn

                          • Bill Ellis
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 8 1:05 PM
                              I really enjoyed the Dick Nichols Park in SouthWest Austin.  A great park with lots of caches that all can be gotten within a couple hours. A nice paved trail and lots of side footpaths to go exploring/searching on.

                              Bill / ZionZR2