Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] NOMINATION TIME for the 2010 Austin Cach e Awards

  • Jana Iannello
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
      On 4/3/2011 1:31 PM, gumbietygress@... wrote:

      is there a file somewhere of everything that is eligible?
      Jana

      ((Excuse me while I thump my emailer for stripping critial info -- WHAM!!!!! sheesh -- try this again

      March marched on through, as it will do
      April's showers'll be all too short
      NOMINATE the best of the Austin (not so) few
      Let's recognize the icons of our sport!

      Yes, folks, it’s time to nominate your favorites for the 2010 Austin Cache Awards.
      Simply (!) settle on your favorite Austin area caches, events, logs, & photos, then point your browser toward http://tinyurl.com/ctgca

      You do not need to nominate a cache in every category, and you can submit the form multiple times to nominate more than one favorite in a category.

      Nominations are open NOW, and will continue until April 15th. Voting will begin on April 16th, and continue until May 31st.

      To be eligible, nominated caches must have been placed in 2010, events occurred in 2010, and logs & photos must have been posted in 2010. Nominees must fall within 50 miles of the State Capitol -- Cache GC142B will be used as the reference point. Except for events, all nominated caches must be active and remain so throughout the nominating and voting periods. (Logs and photos do not have that restriction.)

      Note! Premium Members, the committee strongly encourages that you also "Favorite" the caches you nominate. The number of “favorite” rankings will have some impact on the final selection.

      So go vote already!

      Your friendly 2010 Austin Cache Awards Nagger, Tygress

      Groupon.com Official Site
      1 huge daily deal on the best stuff to do in your city. Try it today!
      Groupon.com

    • John Baker

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
          Not that I know of.
          You can do a pocket query, however, that specifies caches within 50 miles of GC142B and were published in 2010.
          This will not get the events, logs, or photos, however.

          If, like me, you do NOT keep your favorites list as you go, this is not an easy task (I just finished many hours of sorting). And so, right now, I applaud all of you who do take the time to nominate -- be it one cache only (your favorite of the year) or many across all the categories.  And I, myself, would rather see 'uneligible' caches, etc. nominated, and we sort them out later, than no nominations at all.

          BarbJ/Tygress

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
              er... no.
              It's quicker for you to do this through your profile -- just click Show All Logs for Geocaches, then click Attended to shorten the list. Scroll down to the 2010 dates.

              -B

[...]

              Groupon™ Official Site
              Groupon.com