Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Question on logging trackables

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2011
      well done, imho (and, yes... there had been plenty of time. Truly, there are people who move trackables without logging them ... very strange, but that's the sport!)

      BarbJ/Tygress

      From: Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...>
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 09:52:27 -0500

      I would say that is one option. Another option is to just log that you found it and where you found it and let the trackable owner sort it out. This may be the preferred option if it has not been very long since it was last reported in a cache because it gives the person who dropped it a chance to log it. The downside is that it may force the owner decide if it has been too long and move it or the next person who finds it to do so.

      If you pick it up then, especially if it was not that long since it was last reported in a cache, you can hold of logging for a few days to allow the dropper a chance to log the drop. Otherwise, just do what Barb said.

      +-+ Jay - BingOGT

      From: Bill Ellis <sille777@...>
      To: Central Texas Geocachers <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 19:24:36 -0500

      I saw a trackable in a cache today but when I went to log it, it said it was last spotted in another cache.  How do I log it at where I found it?
      I did not move it from where I found it.

      Do I need to "Grab" it then "Place" it even though I actually never physically did that?

      Thanks for your replies.

      Bill / ZionZR2

      Get Free Email with Video Mail Video Chat!

      Groupon™ Official Site

      Groupon.com

      Groupon™ Official Site
      Groupon.com
    • Denise Vajdak
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2011
        What I have done in the past is to contact the last person in the chain of possession and let them know you have it in hand right now and ask if they could please log it correctly.  If they do not respond within a couple of days, then go ahead and Grab it from them. Then just have it "Visit" the cache that you actually retrieved it from since you're not actually leaving it in that cache.  It stays in your inventory and it gets the mileage to the cache you found it in.

        Denise E. Vajdak  ><>  (aka NativTxn)
        http://denisevajdak.us     http://facebook.com/denisevajdak     http://twitter.com/nativtxn

        Geocaching - If you hide it, they will come!

        From: Bill Ellis <sille777@...>
        To: Central Texas Geocachers <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 19:24:36 -0500

        I saw a trackable in a cache today but when I went to log it, it said it was last spotted in another cache.  How do I log it at where I found it?
        I did not move it from where I found it.

        Do I need to "Grab" it then "Place" it even though I actually never physically did that?

        Thanks for your replies.

        Bill / ZionZR2

        Get Free Email with Video Mail Video Chat!

        Groupon™ Official Site

        Groupon.com

        Groupon&#8482 Official Site

        Groupon.com