OT: Nature Challenge 2011 Kick Off April 2, 11 AM-2 PM

  • Vicki L. Almstrum
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 6:05 AM
      Just received this announcement from someone at the City of Austin.
      Seems like a fun endeavor for nature-loving folks in Texas -- which I
      suspect describes many of us who do geocaching!

      Doesn't sound like there is a geocaching component to this, but there
      might be time to grab nearby caches while completing the various
      tasks. :-)

      I noticed five different regions listed on the webpage, with local
      kick-offs at each. Looks like the last date is sometime in July for
      each region.

      -- Vicki / FG2 in FiedoGang

      NATURE CHALLENGE 2011
      CENTRAL TEXAS "MISSION POSSIBLE"  OPENING CEREMONY

      SATURDAY, APRIL 2, 2011
      11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
      Zilker Park Hillside Theater
      http://www.texasnaturechallenge.com/

      Nature Challenge 2011 Central Texas "Mission Possible" will kick off
      this Saturday at Zilker Park. Like the Amazing Race, nature style, the
      Nature Challenge program encourages teams of families and friends to
      get outdoors and explore beautiful natural spaces close to home.
      Participating sites, including the Elisabet Ney Museum, will have
      booths/hands on activities.  Teams will be able to register on site.

      Beginning Saturday, teams can also register online at
      www.texasnaturechallenge.com , view the list of participating sites
      and download missions to accomplish!